Chapter 2

Chapter 02

Ji Young's Point of View

I stared at the floor as I processed everything that happened two days ago. My parents are already dead. I don't have anyone to go to. I don't know any of our relatives. I don't know the story of my parents but I'm guessing my grandparents are not in favour of their marriage. As far as I know, we only escaped our grandparents and lived far away from them. It's been like 13 years ever since I've last seen my grandparents.

"Ms. Jung." I looked at Marco, our family attorney, who was patiently looking at my parent's last will that he had brought.

"Come on, Marco. I told you already, call me Ji Young. You're like a second father to me. I've known you ever since I was four! You've been serving us ever since I was born." I complained at the way he called me.

"Sorry, Ji Young. Anyways, I've reread your parent's last will again. It states here that you will be inheriting everything that your parents owned. Whether they're a large corporate business your parents owned or just a small simple jewelry. You'll be given the largest share in your company and you'll be the one to manage the company. It was stated that I will be guiding you until you learn everything from your family's company." Marco stated as he was fixing the papers he read from earlier.

"Aren't I too young for it? I'm just a mere 17-year-old girl. I don't know anything about business." I complained.

"As I've said earlier, I will be the one to guide you until you learn everything. You'll be starting next week." Marco said with a smile.

"Oh, and I've already arranged your parent's graves. You can come with me tomorrow to see them." I nodded at what he said and sighed. I guess they're really gone.

I stared outside the café's window. I watched how people and cars passed by. I suddenly remembered my mother which made me tear up. My mother loved to observe people passing by. It makes her wonder what they're always thinking about. What they feel and who they really are inside.

"I bought a house near the house you and your parents were staying. I did that because I know you want to catch the person that killed your parents. Don't worry, there are police patrolling the house if ever the man comes back for your family's riches. As you have said, the man is your parent's business partner." Marco said.

"Thanks, Marco. You really know me well." I smiled at him and he gladly returned the smile.

"Anytime, Ji Young." Marco said and left the café. I finished off my remaining coffee and left a few minutes after.

I guess I have to bring my things to my new home. My new home where I'll be left alone. Thinking about it makes me sad.

But I guess I'll have to face this new chapter of my life where I'm left alone.