Prologue

Deuce

My phone beeped, and I see it was a Twitter notification; I click on it. Danny Rose Murillo, the American Idol reject, has become the official new sixth member of Hollywood Undead, apparently. Danny Murillo took my place in Hollywood Undead. Good for them I guess. I'm actually starting to miss my old band members a little. But they don't want me; I fucked up.

Now I have to continue with my life. Without Jordon calling me every night drunk off his ass, needing me to come pick him up. Without Dylan's terrible jokes and hearing him swear in Spanish. Without Jorel's cute little anger issues because of how short he is. Without George's brotherly hugs that showed how much he cared. Without Matty's hair problems on tour, getting his mask stuck in his massive black curls. Without my brothers, the ones I have accepted as family, the ones I'd die to protect.

A tear streaked its way down my face, as I look over at my mask on the coffee table in front of me. I pick it up gently and grab the hoodie I had stole from Jordon about a few months ago when he stayed at my place. He had showed up drunker than I'd ever seen him. I cuddle it to my chest and curl up, allowing myself to finally cry into the soft black fabric. My mask falls to the floor as uncontrollable sobs wracked through my body. It felt like hours went by, as I mourned the loss of the five most important people in my life. I close my eyes once the tears were over, and sniffle, before getting up, grabbing my mask and Jordon's hoodie before I make my way up into my room.

I lock the door behind me, wishing that I could go back and fix the mess I have made of my life. Crawling onto my large bed, I curl up under the familiar gray comforter. My eyes close, and I send a silent plea up to God, hoping I will wake up in the morning and it will all have just been a sick, depressing nightmare. Jordon's hoodie still faintly smelled of weed, cheap beer, and peppermint, so I shoved my face into it with the ghost of a smile on my face as sleep took me.