Chapter 8

Quick A/N
I'm sooooooo sorry this wasn't published sooner! I had a very busy, very stressful week, and I didn't get to finish until last night even though I started last Sunday. I will try my hardest to finish the next chapter soon, because I have big plans for it and it's going to be tons of fun since this chapter ended with a cliffhanger. Sorry for keeping you from the story 😁. Enjoy!!!

Conor never ceases to amaze me with his skills and knowledge, and I've heard most of the other teachers say the same thing. He has been able to communicate successfully and easily with Densil, so today I gave him a challenge: he has to make Sokya listen to him and give him a tow.

:Sokya, can you help me with this lesson? I need you to ignore the boy I'm teaching. He's going to try and get you to give him a tow. Don't do anything he says, no matter what,: I instruct her.

:I'm good at that!: She squeaks back, and appears beside me in less than a minute.

It takes Conor two minutes to figure out how get her to tow him. Max.

He found a large fish swimming past us and shot it down in the blink of an eye. Then, he offered it to Sokya in exchange for a tow. Food is probably Sokya's top priority- if you give her a treat, she'll obey your every command. She's the biggest pushover I've met.

:Sokya!: I scold her. :You weren't supposed to give in!:

:The boy had food, Nere!: She squeaks back. :Was I supposed to let it go to waste?:

:You're ridiculous, Sokya. Ridiculous.:

:Hehe!:

Raima and Sasha cheer and applaud as Conor hops off the crazy dolphin after getting her to tow him around the cove, and bows for the girls' amusement. They both giggle and blush. Sokya squeaks and starts swimming in excited circles around him. I'm sure she has a new favorite now. Conor just had that effect on people. Kind of like Dai, but not as many people like him.

:How'd I do, teach?: Conor asks, watching the dolphin, but the wide grin on his face tells me he already knows.

:I'm impressed. But Sokya's just a sucker.:

:Am not!: She interrupts.

:Now you can try with Tisi. You'll have that to look forward to for the next lesson.: I laugh as his eyes bug open. It's no secret that Tisi's the most mischievous of all the dolphins. :Class dismissed.:

The three students thank me before swimming away. I truly understand why everyone loves Conor.

Except Dai. I think Dai sees him as a threat or something. Conor's knowledge rivals his own, and in his mind, no one is allowed to be better than him. So to make himself appear better, he'll call Conor out on every small mistake, and yell at him every time he gets a question wrong. Which, if I had to guess, probably isn't often. I've talked to many people who are in Conor's marine biology class, and they all say Dai goes out of his way to pick on him. I make a mental note to attend one of Dai's classes with Conor and see how he acts.

I don't want to have to argue with Dai again, but it's not ok to treat one student worse than another, especially if you're picking on them just because you're jealous. That's just messed up.

I decide to head down to lunch early because I'm starving since I haven't eaten anything at all day.

:Hey, Nere! Wait up!:

I pause and an unintentional smile creeps up onto my face. A second later, Robry is swimming in circles around me and clicking like a dolphin. I laugh out loud, momentarily forgetting about my hunger pains. Robry is one of those people who has a presence that just magical brightens up a room.