Chapter 1: Three-Sided City

Hi, guys! This book is a sequel to the Alternate Heroes' Journey, but it's not necessary to read that book first. If you haven't read that one, all you need to know is that the characters from the Realm of Mianite (Spark, Jeriah, Alyssa, Mianite, Ianite, etc.) have gone through the portal with the normal Season 2 characters. Everything here is going to be completely made up, since nothing about Season 3 has been released yet. Hope you enjoy it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sparklez's POV:

"There's a light below us!" Tom yelled, peering down through the void elevator. "We're approaching land!"

Gaines sat bolt upright. "Wait... already? It hasn't even been that long!"

I shrugged. "It's been a month or so. Although in real life, it's probably been about 20 years."

Gaines got shakily to his feet and began to mutter to himself. "It better be in a good part of Anatase, I swear. If they dared to build a portal in..."

"Anatase?" Jericho asked immediately. We all stared at Gaines in confusion, and the poor guy began to look more and more terrified as he realized how many people were looking to him for a response.

He took a deep breath and leaned slightly on Jeriah for support. "There's... a lot I haven't really told you about the place where I was born. I put it off for a while, figuring I had more time."

My mouth hung open slightly. "There's something dangerous there, and you didn't think to tell us? Why not?"

Gaines flinched. "I didn't want to remember it."

"Well, we're going there, aren't we?" Jericho snapped, feeling no pity. "You're going to have to remember it, because it's going to become a reality soon."

Looking slightly dizzy, Gaines glanced again at the small light below us. "Okay. Okay, fine. I made a mistake. But... I don't know where to begin," he added apologetically. 

"It's okay," Ianite said, her voice smooth and calm. "Didn't you mention something about a place called Anatase?"

"And you said the 'good part' of Anatase," Mot added. "So you better explain what the 'parts' are, as well." He didn't look very happy either.

Gaines began to explain, without looking away from the light. "The place where I come from... doesn't really have a name. It never did, not that I know of. It's much older than either Ruxomar or the Realm of Mianite, and has a long history of wars. Eventually, to put the endless battling to an end, a bunch of separate cities formed, far away from each other. A few centuries ago, which is pretty recent to them, the most powerful people came together to form Anatase."

"A long history of wars, huh?" Dianite asked darkly. "I'm guessing that Anatase isn't going to be the best place, since no city can turn out all that great with a past like that."

"I'm also going to guess that, but mostly because Gaines himself said that there were good and bad parts of the city, idiot," Mot said teasingly. Dianite gave him a playful shove, at which I rolled my eyes. Were they not going to take this seriously?

"Well, you're right that it's not the best of places. The powerful people were greedy and power-hungry, and wanted to be as controlling as possible. They forced all of the citizens of Anatase to think exactly like them, discouraging diversity and creative thinking," Gaines said, shuddering.

"Destined for demise," Dianite growled, and I had to agree with him.

"Yeah, it was. Especially when it came to which god they followed," he said hesitantly. 

Martha let out a sigh of frustration. "Don't tell me this is another Ruxomar, where the leader forces them to follow Mianite, and then there's a rebellion! I'm sick of all the drama that happened back there. I want to find a place where I'm free to express myself."