~Chapter One~

"So new kid." Jenny said while showing me around. I didn't know my way around the school yet really.

"Serina." I said while looking at her.

"Yeah, right, sorry I forget names alot." I smiled and said it was fine. "So...you like anyone yet?" We had stopped at my locker and gave her a 'really' look. "What. You have to find someone cute." I rolled my eyes as I put my stuff in my locker.

"You know your way to art?" I nodded my head yes and she left.

"Do I like anyone yet...psh I just came here not a week ago." I mumbled to myself. I looked over to see a tall guy, getting things from his locker. I didn't take notice of it and closed my locker and went to art.

After about 6 minutes into class, the same guy walked through the door. He sat down by me. "Late again, Mr. Once-ler?" He mumbled sorry and started to doodle in his book. I noticed he was very quiet but yet smart.

When we got to lunch I asked Jenny who he was. "Oh him," She smiled. "That's Once-ler. He's very shy, and quiet. He really is smart though. I don't think he has friends though." She then started to talk to her friends again while I just sat there. I didn't like the school food. I kept looking over to him, seeing him sketch in his book. Alone.

He needed a friend. I then saw him get up and walk down a hall. "Hey Jenny. I'm going to go walk around." She said ok and I got up. I walked behind him. He had a white shirt on and gray pants, with black shaggy hair. Once he stopped at his locker I walked up to him, slowly.

I tapped him on the shoulder, which he moved the locker to see my face. His eyes, so blue, I found myself just staring into them for a second. I shook my head and smiled. "Hi." He looked around as if he was shocked someone talked to him. He then smiled and waved. I smiled more and stood tall. I had to look up at him, because he was tall.

He then closed his locker and walked away. I walked up to him and walked with him. I started to talk to him. All he did was put his hands in his pockets, looking down at me smiling. "So I hear your name is Once-ler. I like that name. It's different." He started to blush a little, which made me giggle. He then sat down at a bench outside. People were hanging out and talking, so I guess this is where people go if they don't eat lunch. "My name is Serina."

He nodded his head, I didn't give up. I kept smiling. "Want to be friends?" He shot up a little with a big smile on his face which made me laugh. He nodded his head yes.

Later on through the weeks, we communicated through note passing and putting notes in lockers. I made him talk some. All he said was 'yeah' or 'no' and stuff like that. I was happy though, he was really sweet.

"So you play guitar?" "Yes." I smiled when I heard his voice. "My favorite band is Fall Out Boy. But everyone back at my other school said I could sing Sway by Pussy Cat Dolls really great. I don't see how since-" He put a finger on my lips and chuckled. "You talk alot." I blushed and chuckled nervously. He smiled. "I think it's cute you talk alot. Means I entertain you." I chuckled and nodded my head.

We were sitting on a bench. He was sitting sideways with on leg proped up with his arm resting on his knee. I sat sideways with both knees pulled up to my chest. "Yes, I play guitar. I kind of like Fall Out Boy, but there not my favorite. I don't really have a favorite band." I smiled at him. "This is the most I heard you talk since I moved here." He chuckled.

"Well, I like talking to you, even though I don't say much." I smiled. "Can I give you a nickname?" He shrugged and said sure. I smirked. "Ok. I want to call you Oncie." He blushed really hard at that then rubbed the back of his neck while looking down. "Um...yeah if you want." I giggled and looked at him. "Ok. Oncie it is."