☆Chapter Seven☆

{Once-ler's P.O.V}
These tuffs were perfect to make a Thneed. I pulled another piece of tuff off the tree when it wouldn't move. I looked down to see an orange creature. "Hey!" I yelped and fell backwards. He walked on the end of the stump.

"Did you chop down this tree?"

"Uh...noo...who did. *gasp* what's that?! I think he did it."

The creature didn't belive me, apparently.

"Leave, vacate the parentheses and get out."

"And who are you?" I asked with with a smile.

"What?! I'm the Lorax...Guardian of the forest. I speak for the trees."

I shrugged my shoulders and put my finger on my chin.

"So your telling me you didn't just see me come out of that stump? With all the lighting and thunder and stuff...you didn't see any of that?" The Lorax asked.

"No but I would like to see some of that..could you show me?" I asked with a smile. He was just about to speak when Serina came by me.

"Hello..." She sounded upset kind of. The Lorax just looked at her for a second then said hi back. "Oncie, can I talk to you for a second?" She asked me and I said sure. We went into the house. "Oncie...why did you chop down the tree?" I looked at her. "So I can make my Thneed." She gave a sigh and looked at me. "Please don't cut down anymore." I looked at her. "How am I going to make my Thneed then?"

"Just think of something other then chopping down the tree. Please I'm begging you." I looked down then at her and nodded my head and said ok. She smiled and hugged me. "Thanks Oncie."

~Time skip~
I was knitting my Thneed with the Truffula Tuff. The Lorax told me if I cut down anymore trees bad things would happen. But I rather listen to Serina...I love her more than anything and I don't want to hurt her feelings.

I got up and smiled, laying my Thneed on a a chair. "Now that's a Thneed. Nothing unmanly about knitting, no sir." I let out a yawn and decided to climb in bed. Serina was already fast asleep. I put my arms around her and fell asleep.

{Serina's P.O.V}
"I told him not to...don't worry Lorax." I told The Lorax, while he blew a breath. It was early morning, sunrise actually. Oncie was still sleeping. We looked out toward the forest. Full of life and beauty. "You love him don't you?" He asked me and I smiled and said yes. He gave out a sigh. "You know what happens if he cuts down the trees...right?" I gulped and teared up. "I don't want to think about that." I said while wiping the tears away.

The wind blew slighlty, while I put my hands behind my back. I was about to say something else when I heard the door open. "Serina, what are you doing up so early?" I looked behind me to see Oncie. "I could ask you the same thing?" "We were talking, Bean pole." The Lorax said. "What were you guys talking about?" Oncie said while glaring at The Lorax. The Lorax was about to answer when I butted in. "We were talking about the Bar-ba-loots and stuff. How long the forest has been here, stuff like that."

Oncie said oh and hugged me from behind. I hugged him back. "Want some food? You are eating for two now." Oncie asked me while kissing my cheek. All I said was sure, and he went to make pancakes. The Lorax looked at me. "He isn't going to chop down any trees..." I looked out into the forest. "I hope not anyway."