Chapter fifty six

[A/N]: Hey, still gonna try to keep these few next chapters coming. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter fifty six

    Dan's mum was off by ten o'clock the next morning and from his texts it seemed Dan was quite pleased with that. He always insisted that he loved his mum to pieces, but all mums can get a little overbearing after a certain amount of time.

    The radio show went well, as always I was seated in the lounge outside the studio watching the show on the big screen in there. Ally couldn't make is as she was meeting up with one of her old friends from school who had just moved to the city. Phil didn't make a big deal out of it, but I could tell he was a little disappointed. He won the 'DanvsPhil' though, so that cheered him up.

    Dan hadn't spent the night at my place for a long time so after the show he came home with me.

    "You don't want to hear me gloat the whole rest of the night, is that it?" Phil teased when we went our separate ways at the tube station.

    "Yeah, that's exactly it Phil" Dan shouted sarcastically after him, then turned to me and said in a low, seductive voice "that's definitely not it".

    "Shut up you horny teenager" I shoved him away playfully as he looked me up and down with hungry eyes. That's not to say I didn't feel something squirming in my lower stomach area.

    On the tube Dan and I both got a seat, as it was late on a Sunday and not many people were out and about at that time. When we got out of the tube station near my apartment we huddled together and walked quickly shoulder to shoulder down the street till we got to my apartment building. The relief we both felt when we got into the heat of the buildings entrance was apparent in the way we both stood up straighter. By the time we had scaled the flights of stairs to reach my floor we were both starting to loosen scarves and jackets due to the warmth.

    After unlocking the door I stepped into my apartment and started taking off my jacket before abruptly stopping.

    "Jesus, your flat's cold as fuck!" Dan exclaimed. He had also started undressing, but had quickly put everything back on.

    "Language Daniel" I scolded "I must have forgotten to turn the heating on this morning, not that I ever really turn it off. Maybe it's broken" I wondered to myself as I wandered off to find the heating control for the apartment located outside my bedroom door.

    "Don't call me Daniel" Dan called after me.

    "Don't whine Daniel" I teased.

    "Where are you going?"

    "To turn the heating on, obviously" I had reached the control panel and it was definitely not on. I tried the "on" button, but nothing happened. I noticed that the light that usually blinked to signal that it was working wasn't blinking. It was broken. Darn it.

    When I got back to the hallway Dan was still standing with all his clothes on. "Did you turn it on now?" he asked.

   "I think it's broken" I announced. I fished my phone out of my bag which I had left on the floor in the hall and dialed the buildings janitor.

    "Who are you calling?" Dan asked.

    "The maintenance guy. He needs to fix the heating" I'd saved all the important numbers I might need on my phone when I moved inn, but I'd never had to call the maintenance guy before. All I knew was that he lived in an apartment on the first floor next to the entrance hall of my building, with a sign on the door which said "Maintenance" and stated his hours.