Chapter sixty two

[A/N]: Aaah, again this chapter is just so cute. I hope you enjoy it and please leave comments. Let me know whether you love it, hate it, predictions, anything, I'd love to hear your thoughts. The guy in the picture is Rob Kazinsky, the actor I imagine as Brandon, Ally's brother. Happy reading!

Chapter sixty two

   I was looking forward to lunchtime on Tuesday, talking to Ally was always a good time.

   "Oh my god, I'm so jealous. Are you getting to help plan the wedding?" Ally gushed.

   "I am, well at least a bit. It's kinda hard when I'm in a different country, but I have some influence. Anna and I decided we would plan our weddings together years ago, so if she wants to help plan mine she better let me help plan hers" I explained.

   "I think that's fair" Ally agreed "So tell me all about it"

   So I did. I told her about the color theme, the flowers, the centerpieces, the location, the invite list, and the invitations. Of course, not all of that was finalized yet, but I knew Anna had very specific wishes for how it should turn out.

   "In the end I'm just so excited that one of my best friends is getting married to the man of her dreams. And goodness I've always wanted to be maid of honor" I finished.

   "Wow, I'm so happy for you and Anna, of course. Imagine that, just knowing that you want to spend the rest of your life with the person you're with. Moreover, that they feel the same way. That must be such a magical feeling" Ally had such a dreamy look on her face that I couldn't help chuckling. I agreed with her though. Wasn't that what everyone strived towards? It made me think of Dan. I couldn't say I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but I couldn't say I didn't like the thought either.

   "Anyway" I said, hoping to change the subject "How was your weekend?"

   "Just normal really"

   "Well that's very specific" I joked.

   "OK, well some stuff did happen" Ally said, seemingly to remembering something "I introduced Phil to my brother"

   "Really?" I asked.

   "I was just a coincidence really" she explained "First of all it was a miracle I was able to drag Phil out of his flat to begin with"

   "What?" I mean I knew Phil was more the stay-inside type, but he didn't normally protest going out either.

   "Yeah, he didn't want to leave Dan. I get that he was feeling lonely and stuff because you were gone. Apparently, he didn't know what to do with himself for most of the weekend, but he's a big boy, he can take care of himself" Ally said matter-of-factly.

   "You could have brought Dan out with you" I suggested tentatively.

   "I know, and it's not like I don't like Dan, but I'm dating Phil, not Phil and Dan. I get that they're best friends and all that, but they have to be able to be apart, at least just for an evening. All I wanted was some alone time with my boyfriend. So, in the end I managed to persuade Phil to come out with me on Sunday evening, after their radio show. So, we went to this bar and there was Brandon, just sitting at a table"

   My heart swelled at the thought of Dan being so distraught because of my absence. I felt like Ally was being a bit hard on him, and I also felt bad for Phil. She did have a point, the two were slightly codependent, but Phil was just trying to look out for his mate who was having a rough time. I had never felt like hanging out with both of them had ever made my time with Dan feel less valid. Dan and Phil being pretty much a package deal had never bothered me, but I also respected that Ally felt differently. I decided I would rather hear the rest of the story and not cause any drama, so I kept my mouth shut about that. Rather I asked, "What was he doing there?"