Chapter fifty one

Chapter fifty one

    Dan immediately became the awkward, clumsy idiot he always became in large groups of people. He had told me about this side of him before, but I’d never really experienced it to this extent. Before we even found Dan and Phil’s group of friends he had accidentally bumped into three people. Two other, less famous YouTubers and one of the personnel dressed as a waitress who was carrying a tray of drinks which she was about to offer us. Thanks to her balancing skills she managed not to spill any of the beverages, luckily.

    Before Dan managed to humiliate himself further we located their group of friends and settled into the normal routine of greetings and introductions. Ally and I were introduced to Chis, Pj and Jack Howard to start off with.

    “I’m already a big fan of all of you three” I informed them. They all responded with thank-you’s and smiles. We talked, mostly the three of them and Phil and I, while Ally and Dan kind of stayed quiet. I complimented my three new acquaintances on their hilarious and creative videos. None of them were weird about the fact that I knew who all of them were from before.

    After talking for a while another familiar face showed up. It was Carrie. She was one of my favorite female YouTubers and I adored her to pieces. She greeted all the boys accordingly and then turned to me.

    “You must be Sarah” she exclaimed reaching out and hugging me.

    “Yes, it’s so lovely to meet you” I beamed in return.

    “Dan where have you been hiding this beauty?” she scolded. I chuckled along with him.

    “And who are you?” she turned her attention to Ally.

    “I’m Ally” she introduced herself.

    “She’s my girlfriend” Phil finished for her with confidence and pride in his voice as he stood a little straighter.

    “You had a girlfriend and I didn’t even know about it?” Carrie accused “I am very disappointed in the both of you. So nice to meet you though, I’m Carrie by the way” she went on to hug Ally as well.

    “Nice to meet you too” Ally agreed, seemingly more comfortable with her than with Dan and Phil’s male friends.

    “Do you mind if I steel these two away for a few minutes. I’ll introduce them around since I know you two are shit at that sort of thing” Carrie explained to the boys before whisking Ally and I away.

    Carrie led us around the room and introduced us to many smaller and bigger YouTubers, most of whom I had heard of before. I didn’t watch all their videos, but I paid attention to the community. We were met with a lot of commends such as “So you’re Dan’s girlfriend” and “I didn’t even know Phil had a girlfriend”. They were all very nice and politely welcoming towards us despite their surprise.

    Finally we were brought to a group of most of the female, British YouTubers. There we met Emma, Zoe, Louise, Tanya and Hazel. I had been looking forward to meeting all of these women, but I didn’t know that they would all be here al at the same time. It was slightly overwhelming, but I think I handled it quite well.

    Pretty much they were like I had expected them to be, Emma was sarcastic, Zoe was a cutie pie, Louse was very motherly, Tanya was very girly and Hazel was just funny. Instantly I had a sort of connection with Louise. She embraced me in such a motherly way and I couldn’t help but grin.  I’d never really had that type of friend before, the motherly type, but I could tell we were going to hit it off. Of course I definitely got along with all the other girls it was with Carrie and Louise I felt I walked away with the best foundation for a friendship.