ひつひし(9)

As I heard the footsteps, I turned around to see someone wearing a blue mask with black eye holes. The eyes had some sort of black ooze dripping from them. The rest of the creature was dressed in black. "J-Jack?" I stuttered.
"Hi (Y/N). Please, don't be scared. I'm not going to hurt you. Something happened and now I'm something else."
"JACK!" Tears began to stream down my face. "JACK! I'm so glad you're still you!" I ran up and hugged him.
"N-No... I'm not... I'm a monster. You don't know the things I did back at the occult. I regret it but there's nothing I can do to fix it."
"Sure there is!" I pipe up. "I mean, you're still you the only thing different is your appearance and-"
"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID (Y/N)!!! THINGS I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU! TOO TERRIBLE TO EXPLAIN!" Jack screamed. "I-I'm sorry...." I was shocked as Jack fell to his knees and I actually heard him start crying. I sat down next to him.
"Jack, please don't cry. It's ok. I forgive you."
"But you don't know what I did!! I... I ate..."
"J-Jack... What did you eat?" I asked a bit nervous.
"I ate........ Them." I stared in shock.
"Y-You what?! I don't believe that. Stop joking around."
"No. It's true. Now he's looking for me. I need your help." He grabbed my arm and began running through the trees. A small shack was in the clearing. Jack took me in there and laid me on the bed. He got in next to me and put the blanket above our heads. "He hopefully won't find us here," he whispered.
"Who's this 'he' you're talking about?"
"I can't say his name. No matter how soft I say it, he'll still hear me."
"Write it down." He pulled out a scalpel and lifted up his sleeve revealing grey skin. "W-What're you doing?! Jack!" He put the scalpel to his skin spelling out the letters Z-A-L-G-O. ZALGO.