Chapter 6

Thank you to everyone who's reading this! Means a lot :D

Here's a picture of Lottie and the first song used for this chapter!  

The other songs used in this chapter:

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive

All American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret

 Anyways enjoy the chapter. :)

__________________________________________________________________

We make our way to Athena's front door. I gulp unable to take my eyes off her home, this place is intimidating.

"My dad's at work but my mum's here."

Fuck. Okay maybe it won't be so bad with just her mum?

Athena seemed to read my thoughts, "Don't worry I know this is all new and you feel overwhelmed but I promise you my mum's a lovely lady. She's very motherly so i'm warning you that she might go crazy in the affectionate department, she does it with all my friends."

I nod while she scavenges her bag for her keys. She takes her keys out and unlocks the door, my nose if immediately taken over by a lovely lavender smell and I stare inside her house in awe. The walls were a light peachy colour with tons of family pictures and colourful flowers making the place look really homey and elegant at the same time. The floor was made of white marble that was so clean that I could see me reflection in it. 

"You like it?"

I'm snapped out of my thoughts to meet Athena with a smirk on her face, I turn away looking at her house again and nod. This was such a beautiful home but it was very family orientated which made me feel comfortable. Ben is the only family I have by blood who cares about me but family isn't always people who are blood related but people who will be there and stick by you through everything. They'll do anything for you, protect you, support you and they'll love you. That's why I think of Lottie as family way more than my actual mother could ever be. As far as i'm concerned I don't have any parents.

But sometime in the future if I ever have a family I promised them that I will never repeat what my mum did too me, never to my flesh and blood. I'll love them unconditionally and give them everything I only wish I had growing up. I'll provide for them, cherish them, do anything so they'll stay happy and safe. They'll always come first to me.

I'm forcefully put back into reality when I hear Athena screaming at her mum that she's home, looks like i'm not hearing anything through my right ear any more. Suddenly a beautiful middle aged lady came walking towards us extending her arms for Athena who gladly accepted her embrace.

"Hey honey how was college?" she asked grinning.

"It was alright how was your day?"

"It was nice, just had a little catch up with your brother."

"He's here?!"

"No I was on the phone to him but he's coming in a week to visit with his fiancée."

Athena's face beamed with excitement when she heard her brother was coming and I couldn't help but smile, it was the first time I've seen genuine happiness on her face since we spoke. She looked like a five year old who's excited for Christmas. Judging from the billions of family pictures I can tell they're very close, I couldn't lie and say I not envious because I am.

"And who's this?" Her mum smiled brightly.

"Mum this is Sam he's a friend from college."

"Hi, i'm Monica Athena's mum, it's nice to meet you." I give her a tiny smile in response earning a smile from her.