Chapter 11

Picture of Sian! :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sam's P.O.V

"Don't you think you should have a break? You're only 17, you shouldn't be working such long hours." Lexi says.

'I have too.' I mouth slowly to her.

It's annoying how often I had to repeat myself but I know she's just worried. Maybe she's right, maybe I shouldn't be working 12 hour shifts but I need to save as much as I can. I want to be able to move out so me and Ben can start fresh and I can't do that with no money.

"I know.. If you need help you know I will."

I shook my head. There was no way I was taking handouts only to have a debt to pay back. Even if I didn't have too I'm not a charity case, I can do things on my own. Lexi just sighs, knowing she wouldn't get through to me but it's not long before she's smiling at me.

"Atleast we're finished eh? Think I'm going to have a nice bath when I get home. You?"

'Cook dinner.'

"After that I think you should go to sleep, you look absolutely knackered."

On que I begin to yawn and rub the sleepiness out my eyes. I just give Lexi a nod to reassure her but that's probably not going to happen.

"Good.. Well I'll see you at work tomorrow."

I wave goodbye then make my way to the bus stop. The bus stop is only a 10 minute walk from my workplace so I get there in no time. I yawn again feeling the tiredness set in abit more so I decide to order food instead of cooking dinner. The bus won't be here for another 20 minutes anyway.

With my mind made up, I cross the road and walk towards the small restraunt. I've been here a few times before with Ben and Lottie, their food is amazing and perfect if you're on a budget like I am. I enter the diner smelling the delicious smell of french fries and greasy burger. Wiping the drool from the corner of my mouth I walk to an empty table and look at the menu. After scanning through it I decide to get two beef burgers with fries with large cokes for me and Ben. I quickly take out a small notebook and pen that I always keep with me and I scribble down my order then head for the front counter.

The lady behind the till gives me a beaming smile which actually makes me slightly uncomfortable.

"Good afternoon and welcome to Ed's, may I take your order?"

I look down feeling awkward that she's acting this happy to see me then hand her my order, she frowns and stares at the note. She looks at me in confusion and raises an eyebrow.

"Don't you talk?" She asks rather rudely.

I roll my eyes so hard at her statement that i'm surprised my eyeballs didn't enter the back of my head. That question is far too common when I order in restaurants these days, it's not like I feel insecure about myself as it is. I shake my head answering her question and she just looks at me confused. I gave her my order, why can't she just take it without the fucking questions and weird looks? Her frown deepens and she starts typing on the till on what I hope is my order.

"Are you eating in?"

I shake my head no again then I hand her the money. She takes it then gives me some change which was £12.25, I'll give it to Ben for school lunch. After the food was given too me I exit the comfy diner and walk back to the bus stop to see Ben there waiting for me. He see's me and his face immediately brightens up but I think it's just the food honestly. He eyes the food hungrily like he hasn't eating in days, I hand him the bag that contains his food and he snatches it without hesitation. He hurriedly opens the container that has the burger and takes a huge bite out of it. He hums then takes another huge bite out of it.