Chapter10

Picture of Lucas! And song that reminds me of Athena's and Tyler's past relationship. :(

**WARNING**

Abusive content in this chapter.

________________________________________

Sam's P.O.V

Images of yesterday's car journey ran through my mind as I laid on the old, uncomfortable mattress. Yesterday was fine and we even finished out project during our English lesson but I can feel her whole demeanor change once we reached Ben's school. It was fear, like she was scared to go there. It was a face I hated seeing on her but I feel like I've seen it somewhere before.

*4 years ago*

"You worthless fuck! Where is my dinner?!" Rueben shouted.

I flinch at his harsh tone. There was no food in the house so I don't know how he expected me to make dinner, I didn't tell him that of course. I just kept my face emotionless and my gaze on the floor, afraid that if I made eye contact then i'll show the effect he has on me and I can't let him see what he does to me, I refuse. I already showed him enough on how weak and messed up he made me, I don't want to add more fuel to the fire by breaking down in front of him. I felt his hot, sweaty hand grab roughly at my jaw line forcing me to look at him. His dirty nails dig into my face making me wince, he only smirked. He loved the effect he had on me, he thrived on it even. It made him feel like he had purpose since all he done was get drunk and high. His pitiful self offered nothing to society so when he started hurting me and Ben he feels like he does. He doesn't care if it's good or bad, at least he's offering something.

"I expect dinner to be made for me and your mother every night at 7, how many times do I have to say that before it gets through that thick fucking skull of yours!"

His grip on my jaw tightens whilst shaking my head sharply back and forth. I bite my bottom lip hard to prevent a whimper from escaping my throat. He lets go of me and lets out a frustrated sign, he looks at me with pure hatred and i'm force to stare back blankly, forcing my real emotions at bay. I want to cry, scream and beg him to let me go to my room and stay with Ben. God knows I wanted to beg but I just couldn't, I couldn't let Rueben see how pathetic I really am.

"That look is really starting to piss me off." He seethes before he backhands me so hard my head snaps to the side. The impact causes me to bite me cheeks involuntarily and taste my own blood.

He backhands me again, this time a lot harder causing me to stumble sideways and fall on my hands and knees. I can feel tears trying to blur my vision but I grip the carpet beneath me, willing myself not to cry.

"What the fuck is this?!"

I turn frantically to face Rueben, only to see him holding a packet of crisps i've been hiding for me and Ben to share. His face turns from disbelieving to all kinds of complete rage. His nose flares and the lines between his eyebrows deepen. His jaw clenches making his teeth grind together roughly. I gulp knowing I was in deep, deep shit for hiding food from him.  Even if it's just a packet of crisp.

My first instinct was to run and get as far away as possible. I didn't want him to hurt me, I don't think I could take it anymore. Ben always tried to make me open up to him more but I couldn't. If I did then he'll only just blame himself and I hated it when he did that. But keeping it in didn't help either, the more I kept things to myself the more damage I become mentally. I can feel it, I can feel myself slowly losing my mind and one of these days my thoughts will become to much and i'll crumble. I know it and I don't have a clue on how to stop it. Before my mind can process what's going on, my legs begin to work on their own as they lift me up and force me to start running. But my legs are too slow, I felt Rueben grip my collar harshly making me gag as he slammed me against the wall. The back of my head smacked the wall with a sickening thud while my small body hits the floor. I felt sick and dizzy as I looked up to see a twisted smirk on Rueben's face. He kneeled in front of me and pulled me up in a sitting position then punched me so hard in the eye that the other side of my face smacked the wall behind me. I can already feel darkness start to consume me as he repeatedly kicked me all over my body and shouting insults at me but I was barely conscious that I couldn't hear him properly. The last thing I remember was being picked up roughly and hitting the hard concrete floor before everything turned black.