Seven

The weekend passed, and so did the rest of the week. Next thing you know, we're back to a Friday night at Lilly's place. Sure, school happened, but it was just so boring! We learn, we study, we finish a mini quiz on whatever the subject is, and that's it for the week.

Curled up with Lilly on her couch, we're watching White Chicks and eating popcorn.

"So", Lilly speaks up, "this band. What's the name of it?"

"We call ourselves 5 Seconds of Summer." Don't know why she would ask that so randomly. Especially since Terry Crews just started lip syncing to A Thousand Miles.

"That's a name everyone will remember. I love it," she smiles. Her hand starts to trail up my leg. "So have you tried getting your band out there?"

I sit up and look down at her. "Like, try to get our band known?" She nods. "Of course we have. We have our own YouTube channel. I'm just hoping someone, anyone, sees the videos. We work so hard, I just want our efforts to be recognized by more than just our fans."

"I love how you speak with so much," she pauses. Lilly scrunches her nose in the cutest way and moves her hand in circles to try and find the word she's looking for. She finally bursts out, "passion!"

We both laugh and relax into our comfortable position. Lately, I've been thinking to myself wondering "what if I didn't want to actually be recognized?" These thoughts have never occurred to me in my life. Suddenly, I stumble into Lilly's life, and everything starts to feel right. I'd be happy here, not being recognized. Not having the attention from thousands, maybe even millions of people. Just one girl to catch my eye and have my heart. And I look down at her and smile, wishing this feeling would never go away.

Suddenly, my phone starts to buzz, startling the both of us. I laugh and ignore the call, so we can continue watching the movie.

It goes off again, and I ignore it again.

Last time it goes off, I groan and start to sit up slowly to see who's calling me. It's Ashton. Damn it, Ashton.

"Luke, you can answer your phone. It's not a big deal." Lilly lays her hand on my thigh.

"But Lilly, I don't wannnaaaaaa," I begin to whine. She giggles at my attempt to act seven.

"Baby," she starts. The nickname made me grin like a goofball, "you'll be fine. I promise."

"I love you, Lilly." I blurt out before I could stop myself. Shock rises in her face, but she quickly tackles me and our lips crash. I kiss her back and hold the small of her back as her arms hug my neck. The passion in this kiss is different; it feels like she doesn't want to let go either. I wish it would have lasted longer, she pulled away and held my face in her hands.

"I love you too, Luke." She grins. "Now go and call Ashton back."

"Yes, dear." I stand up and turn to her. "Can you pour me a bowl of cereal, please?"

She laughs and stands up beside me. "Only because I want cereal too." She gives me a peck on the cheek before sauntering into the kitchen.

I dial Ashton's number and wait for him to answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, Ashton. What's going-" I'm interrupted my shouting and cheering in the background.

"LUKE! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!"

"Dude, calm down. What's going on?"

"WE'RE GOING ON TOUR! LIKE, OUR VERY OWN TOUR! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!"

"Whoa, how did this happen?"

"We got a call from Adam, and he managed to get a wicked deal! Aren't you excited for this?"

"Yeah, I guess..." Lilly put our bowls of cereal on the table and waits for me. I go out the front door to continue the conversation with Ashton.

"Luke, I know you met Lilly, and she's an amazing girl. But this is what we've been waiting for! I expected you to be the most excited out of everyone. Even Michael was screaming and jumping around like a girl, and that's saying something."

Lilly came outside and saw the expression on my face. "Luke, is everything okay?"

I look at her, and tell Ashton, "I have to go, Ashton. I'll see you soon." Hanging up, my eyes fall to the floor. I'm speechless. My mind is running a thousand miles a minute. What do I say? How do I say this?

"Luke? You can tell me what's going on. Is Ashton okay?"

I sit down on the stairs and start running my hands through my hair. "Lilly, this isn't going to be easy to tell you. Ashton's great, in fact he's more than great. We got a call from our manager and we're going on tour with our band."

She looked at me, tears beginning to fall from her eyes. I reach to wipe them away, only for her to push it down. "Don't, Luke. It's fine, I'll be fine. I'm sure you'll do great things."

"Lilly, wait." Before I could say more, she closes the door. I try to open it, but she's already locked it. I hear her crying behind the door, and I can't help but let a few tears fall from my eyes as I pound my fist one last time on the door.

The rain begins to fall as I'm left crying on the opposite side of the door, hearing Lilly cry her precious heart out. "Lilly!" I scream. "Please!" My place on my hands on the door. I fall to my knees as I feel my energy drain from my body. "Let me in, Lilly," I whisper.

I am so terribly sorry for not updating in what feels like years. School's been a mess, work life has sucked, but now things are slowly starting to come back together. I'll try and update more since winter break is starting up.
-Em ❤️