Chapter Six

Over the next few days you searched for him, yearned to see him again. You've never really liked anyone before and the feeling was new and amazing. Until he could not be found.

The magical feeling shifted into an upset depression; and though you were good at hiding it from the world, it wasn't as easy to hide from yourself.

It wasn't until Friday of the next week that he finally reappeared. You were sitting on the bench, reading a fanfiction on your phone when he took a seat besides you.

You look up, a bit shocked. This was the bench he always sat in, but that wasn't the weird part.

"Ryuzaki..." You exclaim silently.

He looked over at you, making you wonder whether or not he even noticed you sitting there.

"Yes?" he pondered.

"I just didn't expect to see you here anymore.."

"Oh, yes that's right. The investigation has gone.. Awry. In fact, I came here to ask if you would like to join."

You felt shocked. More then shocked, completely in awe. You didn't know he was in an investigation, but it does make sense.

He started coming here only a bit after Kira appeared, who's first few murders happened in this vicinity so it makes sense that they would investigate here. But a school? They must already have a suspect.

"The Kira case, I presume?"

He looked slightly shocked, but only for a moment. "Yes, but.. How did you know?"

"It makes sense."

"At first I only thought, but now I'm sure. You will make a strong addition to our team. Will you join?" he asked, hope flowing in his dark eyes.

"I mean, I don't have anything better to do with my time. So sure."