Chapter Twelve

You awoke groggily from last nights fiasco, and slid out of the now empty bed. Immediately the amazing smell of breakfast waft through your nose, making your stomach growl.
You followed the scent, figuring it was Ryuzaki, and ended up in the computer room where he sat surrounded by trays of food. "I wasn't sure what you liked so I asked _____ to make some of everything."

You couldn't stifle the giggle that came, "Thank you, but you didn't have to do all of this. Usually I just cook my own breakfast."

"You.. Cook? And it actually tastes good?"

"Well.. Yes. To me at least. I'll have to show you sometime."

"I'd like that." he replies with a small laugh and you sit in the chair beside him, beginning to eat. Some of the food was obvious breakfast stuff, eggs, bacon, pancakes and waffles; but than there were other, more exotic breakfast items that you hadn't really seen before. "This is amazing." you whisper to yourself, "Honestly, it's hardly as amazing as you are." L's voice warms up your still sleepy interior and you feel you face grow red.

In that moment the guys burst through the doors with Misa, they all look like they're celebration went far into the morning as well. They were laughing and stumbling around, followed by a still Light. Had he not celebrated with them? Before you could really think into it Misa was at your side, "Did we give you two enough time?" she whispers to you, winking. You just laugh and playfully push her away in attempt to not give anything up. "Anyway, we should go out today," you say - referring to you and Misa - but directed at L. He gave a look of disappointment. "I just figure it would make your jobs easier, you know?" He looked toward one of the computer screens, "You make the job easier, but I understand your reasonings and am sure it should be fine."

Misa squeals a bit, and although it's annoying, it's still kind of adorable. She pulls your arm and leads you out of the building, "Let's go shopping!" You reply uncertainly, "Sure.. but I was wondering if we could walk and talk first." she nodded, slowing down and matching your stride.

"So what are your plans now that you're in?" I ask, referring to the business where we believe Kira is working, "I know you're thinking of something risky, and despite Ryuzaki's wishes I think it's the right thing to do."

She looks at you, slightly shocked. "Well.. I was thinking that maybe if we can convince him that i'm Kira #2 maybe he'll confess and we can get it all on video or in a voice recording.."

"That's actually really smart, Misa, but how do you plan on convincing him?"

"Men aren't very good at rejecting a girl, [y/n], you should try it sometime. Plus I think the #1 suspect already likes me."

You laugh before continuing, "Okay, I can get you a small voice recorder if that's what you need. Just be ready for whatever might happen."

"Oh, don't worry, I am. I really am. Anything to help Light, you know?"

You guys go to the mall and shop for a bit, but mostly just Misa stuff. When you get back it's not hard to sneak off with a voice recorder, and although you feel a bit guilty going against L's requests, you know it's the right thing to do.