Chapter Eleven

Days past like this. You'd come early and hang out while no one else was there, and no one else knew about the two of you.

The investigation was getting pretty heated also, even though the amount of companions had lowered drastically until there were really only five of you left not including yourself, Ryuzaki, and Light.

You walked through the door with Misa, Light's supposive 'girlfriend' who thought, since you two were the only girls, it would be nice to hang out sometimes. Which was okay with Ryuzaki because he trusted you to watch her.

"Misa, misa! Where have you been? We have good news, they've accepted you!"

Trying to ignore the annoying shrieks of celebration you moved around to L.

"So what's going on?" You ask, taking his spoon and a bite of cake.

"We now have an insider on our newest set of suspects, Misa is the new face of their business."

"That's great! Isn't it? You should be celebrating."

He motioned to the cake in front of him and gave you a small smile.

"That doesn't count, cake is always accessible."

The rest of the crew left with Misa then, speaking of some restaurant. Leaving you too alone once again.

"I don't think there is any better way to celebrate, then to be here alone with you." he said popping a strawberry in your mouth. You smiled with it securely in you teeth as he came forward and you ate it lady-and-the-tramp style. Ending in a kiss and your hands subconsciously trailing through his soft black hair.

Time Skip

A phone call interrupts you both who knows how long after everyone else left. You scramble for it and answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey! [Y/N]? You're still over there? It's storming outside, how are you going to get home?"

"Crap, I don't know I'll figure something out. What's going on?"

"I just wanted to let Ryuzaki know I'm not going to his meeting because I have one of my own with the business."

"Okay, I'll pass along the message. Bye."

"Bah-bye!"

You hung up the phone and immediately went to open a window. Just as promised everything was covered in a dark grey blanket as huge droplets poured across the window, blocking your view from much.

"How am I going to get home!?" You ask aloud, but mostly to yourself.

"You could always stay here," you heard from behind you, "I mean you don't have to, but it is an option."

A small smile crossed your face, Why didn't I think of that? "Actually that sounds absolutely perfect."