Chapter Two

Recapping it didn't make me feel any better. My hands clenched into fists, my knuckles turning white as I fought control to stay calm.

"You're joking, right?" She had to be. "Please tell me you're not serious." She was lying. This must be some sick joke.

There was no way she would go out and do this.

"It didn't mean anything."

Rage was consuming me, and I couldn't even look at her. I wanted to throw up. Nipping the insides of my cheeks, I choke out, "When?"

Her whisper was clear. "Tonight." I fought the urge to fucking hurt her.

I pulled away when she reached out to touch me. My elbows rested on my thighs as my hands ran through my hair. There was no way this was real. I couldn't accept it. Jasmine wouldn't do this. We were completely monogamous.

In simple terms, we didn't fuck other people.

"Tonight?" I asked again, wanting to make sure I had heard her right.

"Yes."

I stood without a word and stared down at her. She was still in the red dress, her blonde hair pulled to one side and her makeup smudged. I just looked at her. Everything inside me wanted more answers, but I couldn't bring myself to ask. I paced around the living room. Colt was back on the couch, watching as I walked back and forth like a maniac.

She looked up, and I wanted to believe it wasn't true. "Say something," she pleaded with a whisper.

"You had sex with someone else?" That's all I could think of right now.

"Yes."

I was furious as fuck. I walked down to the spare room, slamming the door shut before opening it once more just to slam it back again. This time, I did it harder to let some anger out before I punch my fist through a wall or something.

I didn't understand how she could do this. My girlfriend had gone out and fucked someone else. She wouldn't fuck me but easily fucked him.

My fist went through the door, and it fucking hurt.

The urge to sleep was long gone. I laid on the bed as I stared at the ceiling, absolutely gutted. Cheating was something I couldn't forgive or forget. Drunk or sober, it was a deal breaker. It always has been.

A lot of thoughts surfaced in my mind. Questions and the unknown were taunting me. Did she go out there tonight with the sole intention of fucking someone else? I sat up, leaving the double bed, and walked back and forth the small room as I disregard the throbbing in my hand.

I wanted to go and kick this guy's arse. My mind went wild wondering if I knew him. Did she go out and play single or did she make it known she had a faithful boyfriend waiting for her back home? I doubted it. Then again, some guys don't care about that.

My breathing began to pick up again. I couldn't get the image of her with another man out of my mind, of her touching him... of him touching her. I sat back down on the bed, running a hand through my hair with a groan as I try to calm myself.

Did he blow in her?

Did she suck his cock?

Fuck. I felt as if I could kill someone. The anger inside me was murderous.

I didn't know what to do. All I did know was that I couldn't be here.

I ignored her sobs when I walked into the bedroom we shared. I turned the light on and went to the closet. I grabbed an overnight bag and started ripping my shirts from their hangers and shoving them all in, not even bothering to fold my work suits.