Chapter Five

I was still living with my parents.

In case you were wondering, I hadn't moved out. I was too intoxicated half the time to get my arse into gear and look up something other than porn. Not that I was rubbing my dick constantly, but a guy has urges, and mine were coming on at three AM when I couldn't sleep.

What else was I meant to do? Make hot tea and read Cosmo? Fuck that. I blew and then slept fucking great.

It had been six weeks.

A week of that time I spent drunk in the bedroom and angry at the world. Even Colt was sleeping in the living room. He probably didn't want to get vomited on. Not that I spewed. He was just being cautious. Everyone was. After I burned all those photographs and talked out my feelings like a man would through silence, I went downhill. No one bothered me, which was just how I liked it. I don't think anyone wanted to come in and get a whiff of the repulsive smell. Not showering and ordering pizza most nights took a toll on the stench.

It was probably why I left the room in the end. That, and I was sick of staring at the ceiling.

Mum was doting on me like crazy, and it reminded me why I moved out in the first place. I knew she was trying to help, but I didn't need my underwear folded and put away. I wouldn't admit the only reason I didn't want her touching my clothes was due to a ring hidden away that I knew she would find. So, I told her I was a grown man who knew how to do his own laundry. I had been doing it for the past six years; I wasn't going to slack off now that I was back at home and single.

Single. I was single, all right. I guess the only difference was that I no longer had to fork out money to pay for her. As for the sex... well, I barely got laid as it were. Being single didn't make a damn difference.

I hadn't heard from Jasmine, nor did I want to. Lauren was right. There was no way I could forgive her, and I still hadn't. I knew if I went back to her, all I would think about was another man touching her, being inside her, and her loving it. It fucking made my skin crawl.

In my mind, she was a cheating whore who could go to hell and screw everyone she wanted to. I was a bitter and angry man, all thanks to her. I couldn't give a damn if she lay in bed crying; it was what she deserved.

Today, when I woke up, I felt different. I felt kind of normal... oddly enough.

It was going to be a good day. It better be. It had to be.

Walking out into the living room, I grabbed my Adidas sneakers and sat down, ignoring Mum's stare as I began to put them on. It was a wonder she hadn't thrown a party the moment I left the bedroom.

Finally, she gave up on being silent and went to speak, but I beat her to it. "Going to take Colt out for a walk," I said, glancing up at her. "I'll grab lunch too. Don't make me anything."

She looked at me surprised, probably because I hadn't gone anywhere except work. I had taken one week from work and then went back as if nothing had happened. "You are? How long will you be gone? Which park?" Oh, god. Did she need to know every detail of my bloody life?

I shrugged, tying up a lace. "No idea. It's Saturday, and it's warm out. Might just walk around for a bit or run. I'll be back later, though." With a wink, I added, "In time for that roast dinner you've got cooking."

"Yes, I thought you might like a nice, hot meal other than that garbage you're always eating." She scolded me, shaking her head. I've been eating pizza instead of her cooking. I knew that bothered her. "You seem to look better than yesterday. Feeling positive?"

I flashed her a smile. Of course I do. I just rubbed one out in the shower. "I feel better. I might look for an apartment soon. I need to get back out on my own and start moving on. Can't live here forever."