Caffeine buds...

I push the door open into the Bootlegger engulfed by the rich smell of coffee beans as I make my way to the table we have dubbed as "our spot". I see Mason's already here and keeps himself busy with Grand Theft Auto on his phone his long dark hair hiding his angelic face from my view

"Hey there" I smile brightly at him

"Hi Miss May." He looks up and laughs showing his deep dimples, I had to bite my lip from groaning.

"So... How's life treated you this week Nolwa?" he asks in a cocky tone

Absolutely unbelievable, I just can't seem to get my mind off of you as much as I try and pray. And what's worse is how I don't think I'll ever have the strength and courage to tell you...and I promised myself I wouldn't get myself into that kind of situation.

That was all that was how my heart replied luckily it doesn't control my lips - but all I said was:

"Aww... not bad actually I just suffocated under my pile of textbooks and studying a couple of times but I'm okay and you?"

"I'm just glad Saturday has finally come."

I take a seat and notice that he's already ordered my macchiato for me. "Thank you for feeding my addiction as you so called it" I laugh.

"It is true though I've never seen you drinking anything else, admit it, you're a macchiato addict" Mason carries on with his argument from last week

"I shall not deny myself the privilege of enjoying the best coffee I've ever tasted. I'm never going to stop,"

He looks at me as if he's trying to solve some sort of mystery hidden in my eyes which makes me bite my lip and look away just in case my eyes betray me.

"So, how is that other shipping project you told me you were worried about?" I ask, trying to get him to snap back from his fixed stare on me.

"Oh, uhm it - it was a success as always, my dad would not let be any other way" he takes a sip of his camomile tea and scowls as it burns his lip.

"Something random happened on Wednesday; I was having dinner with the 'rents , my mother and Mya suddenly attacked me and claimed that I've been acting different." A smile plays on his mouth as he says this.

"Different how Mason?"

"I have no idea; happier, focused, not isolating myself. Do you think I am?"

"Well, I've only known you for a few weeks and you seemed to already have that to me. Unless you've started doing something you weren't doing before..."

"Mmh... makes sense... I think I know why now" he says after giving it some thought.

"Care to enlighten me?"

Ignoring my question he says "How about I invite you for dinner next week?"

"Uhm, I don't know..." I'm suddenly unsure of this.

"I promise I'll learn how to make a cup of macchiato just for you?"

"Is that meant to be a bribe?" I laugh as he pouts and nods innocently to make me agree.

I finally say yes and we carry on with our usual banter about everything.

~~

"I should probably go now, it's getting dark and I promised to check up on my sister" seeing the darks clouds rolling in I get up to leave.

"Oh, okay. Do you want me to drive you back?" Mason stands up grabbing his coat as well.

"No its okay my step-mom's house is just a few blocks away from here."