Suspicions...

Ignorance is a bittersweet thing for most of us. Not knowing protects you from all the dreadful truths the world is filled with. You never really know all the monsters you smile at on the street and the demons you let in until it's too late to turn back

A fresh sheen of nervous sweat and tears coats my body and I try to calm myself down and think of a logical way t get myself out of this situation.

I take a shaky breath and begin to look around at my surroundings; being grateful that people who kidnapped me were kind enough to take the rag sack they used to blind me when they put me in this room.

I was kidnapped
I am kidnapped
Why am I kidnapped?
How am I gonna get out of this?

I start sobbing as my brain juggles the possibilities of getting saved.

I look up and make my seating position a bit comfortable by leaning onto the cold bricked wall closest to me. I glance up to see bare wooden bars that create the foundation of a roof.
This stark attic has obviously hardly used notice dozens of boxes caked with dust. I try to stand but my legs stumble and struggle to carry my weight but at last I manage to walk across the room and find a window hidden by the towers of boxes.

I gather all the strength I have to open the ancient window but it doesn't budge. Out of a sudden burst of anger and pure desperation I punch the window. Shards of broken glass crash to the ground a few storeys below and instantly I dread what I just did, I didn't even know I was capable of breaking it! My body goes numb from the terror, the moment I hear a hoarse curse that echoes throughout the house drenched in a heavy Russian accent.

I unconsciously whimper and tremble as the wind whistles through the broken window. This is not going to end well at all.

Loud footsteps climb the stairs and open the locked attic door with violent force the thick slab of wood off its hinges, shocking the life out of me and I instantly cower into corner far from his reach.

His eyes scout sharply for me around the room until they land directing onto mine. His strong demeanour dominates the entire room choking on the dusty air out of my throat; I might not come out of here alive. With just two strides he reaches the corner I'm trying to mould my body into and stares me down with a menacing stare.

"Do you want to die little girl?"