Anonymous

~~

I sprint on the treadmill, putting all my energy into it. Blocking all everything out of my mind, feeling my whole body perspire and use up all my energy before the treadmill starts to slow down. Who the hell switched it off?

I take off my earphones ready to yell at that idiot just as Leo's face cracks a wicked smile in front of me.
Ugh, him...again

"You are very untrustworthy Anonymous; I thought we had a deal last week"

"Oh, sorry I was sick." I step down from the mill and walk to the yoga mats

"Aah, why don't you give me your number so I can take care of you the next time you're feeling under the weather" Byron winks and looks at my ass while I stretch

"Dude, I can feel your eyes on my butt, quit it."

"Mmh, I wouldn't mind hitting it first..."

"You're such a jerk, Byron please just go away"

"Okay! I'm gonna act as if I'm just kidding, chill out girl. I just want to get to know you."

I turn back to face him with an unfazed look "You call eye-raping me 'getting to know me'? Wow, how chivalrous of you."

"Yeesh, you have such a short temper, are you like PMSing or is it just something that happens whenever I see you?" Byron laughs at me.

"Nah, I think it's you. I hope you get the message... just saying"
I walk off to the change rooms, shower and change into loose red pants, white tank top and boots. I walk out without bumping into Byron. Thank goodness he got the point.

I grab a cup of espresso and head back to my dorm. As I'm walking on my floor's corridor I see a thick brown package by my door. I pick it up and read the address, handwritten in messy handwriting. The thick envelope was for me.

I close the door and sit on the edge of the bed wondering where the thick envelope could have come from. I open it and take out the ream of paper and see a post it on top of it.

Do you really want to get yourself involved with people like this? You'll never be safe with them, it's either they kill you or their enemies will.

My palms start sweating and my heart throbs in my throat at the threat. I look at the other papers to see newspaper clippings with the Richelieu family's picture next to huge headlines all saying the same thing
"Most wanted criminal family"
"Ruthless, mobster family"
"Crime is all in the family in the Richelieu household"
"Massacre caused by Richelieu's feuds"

I drop the heap of papers, not believing anything I just saw. How can people so kind, funny and good natured people be killers? Would they really kill me, even if I don't even know anything about them or what they really do?

My phone starts ringing and I answer without looking at the caller ID
Unknown: Hope you got your little present Nolwa

Me: Who are you?

Unknown: Someone who's saving your ass

Me: Saved from what?

Unknown: From your little boyfriends' family of course, didn't you open the envelope?

Me: Is all that true? Are they criminals?

Unknown: Why would I lie to you about something like that?

Me: And you think I'm gonna just trust a stranger calling about something that could just be a lie.

Unknown: Calm down okay, if you don't believe me then you should just see for yourself.

He hangs up on me, leaving me in such a daze till I feel my phone vibrate as a text message comes.

22 Westlake Drive
Westlake, Cape Town
Be there at 18:00, tonight