The Naught

RORY WAS SERIOUSLY WORRIED FOR HIS ULTIMATE CRUSH. Hence, he didn't know why had happened to Aleo or why she hadn't been replying he and their gang's messages. Rory thought it was his personal mission to find out why she's acting strange. Well, there's only one way to find out. Rory dialed Aleo's number. He didn't even glance at the screen to see if the digits were right. He knew it by heart. It took a while for Aleo to answer.

By the twentieth ring, he begun to get really worried. Then at last, the receiver clicked. "Hello?" A quiet hoarse voice said. "Aleo, it's me." Rory said as drew a shaky breath. "Rory, it's really not the ti-" he cut her off. "I know something's up. Tell me. Please?" The line went dead for a moment, then he heard an exasperated sigh. "Fine." She started telling Rory about how kids called her a cry baby. "YOU WHAT?" Rory roared in outrage. "WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE GENERAL HARASSMENT LECTURES? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL WHO WOULD NEVER CUT? THE GIRL WHO'D NEVER BE SO-SO IMPRUDENT FOR THAT SHIT?" His voice cracked. Aleo sobbed on the other end of the line.

As much Rory loved Aleo, he had to find a way to change this. He had to. At least he knew what was wrong, now. Step one complete. "Shh, Aleo, it's okay... Shh..." He said in his most soothing tone. Aleo hiccuped. Boy, did Rory wish to be hugging her right then, at that moment, right now. "I-I-" Aleo couldn't finish her sentence. "Sh. Don't think about that. You're just as sane as me," he said. "Now calm down. We'll find a way out of this," he bit his lower lip, hoping to chew it clean off his face. "I promise." He whispered into the phone. "Y-you promise?" Aleo sniffed. "I promise." Rory agreed, more confidently.  

After a while, Rory decided he should end the call on a happy note. "Did I ever tell you that I loved you?" He said in a joking, sarcastic way. "What?" She sounded as though someone banged a pan right in her face. "I. Love. You." He said slowly. "You sexy little fangirl," he added as a joke. "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?" Aleo yelled over the line. Rory had to hold the phone away from his ear. Just then, Clara came in. "WHAT THE-" she stopped short when she realized it was just Rory and his phone. "I thought you were being raped." Clara said. "Oh, but I'm not." Rory smirked and tossed his hair out of his eye. "You..." Clara pointy a perfectly manicured finger at him then, stormed out of his room. "Gotta go bye!" He hung up on Aleo.