The Last Dance

As Katherine and Klaus, now inhabiting Alaric's body, sat in the apartment Klaus stood up and went over to the closet taking out 2 shirts and holding them up for Katherine, who is tied to a chair in the middle of the room, to see.
" Oh! Who is this guy, Safari Sam? Ok, bad, or badder?" He asked holding the tops up against him.
"The dark colours suit you better." She replied
" Oh, thank you, honey. Ok, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatore’s possession, correct?"
" The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house."
“Ok, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Ohh, that guy is a buzzkill." Alaric said to her thinking of his brother.
" Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna." Katherine reminded him
" Right. Elena's aunt. For all the lies about Isobel. What else?" He asked.
"That's it." She told him as he walked over to her and touched her face. She shook, afraid of Klaus.
" Oh, so jumpy." He mocked.
"Please, just... kill me. I've told you everything that I know." She begged.
" You see, I believe that you believe that, but what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you? Hmm? Anything? Tell me." Alaric demanded as he looked at her and compelled her.
" They were trying to see if Bonnie could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger." Katherine said. 
"Bonnie the best friend? I thought you said she didn't have her powers anymore?" Alaric asked. 
" She doesn't or didn't. I don't know. You kidnapped me, remember? I'm kinda out of the loop."
" Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that."
" Please, just kill me, Klaus, and be done with it."
" And show you kindness? I've searched for you for over 500 years. Your death is going to last at least half that long." He told her as he took a knife from his pocket. " I want you to take this knife... And stab yourself." He compelled her as she took the knife and stabs her thigh." Now take it out." He compelled again as she took out the knife allowing her wound to heal." Now while I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again, and if you get bored, switch legs."
" Where are you going?" She asked him.
" I'm gonna go lay eyes on my precious doppelgänger." He told her before kissing her on the forehead. "Oh, don't look so glum, Katarina. The fun is just beginning. Again." He said before walking to the door.
"Wait!" She cried as Alaric stopped walking and turned around.
"Yes?" He asked. "Anything else."
"If I tell you this will you let me go?" She pleaded.
"Maybe." Klaus told her. " But what more can you get?"
"Fine, Celest is in town. She's staying at the Boarding house. Bonnie is her ward." Katherine told him.
"She's in Mystic Falls?"
"Yes, she been here a while now. Came around about the time Elijah showed up." She said as Alaric turned and walked towards the front door. "Wait! Please let me go." She sobbed.
"No." He said before leaving the apartment causing Katherine to stab her thigh again.

Elena and Bonnie sat inside the Salvatore Boarding house with the  lawyer and the deeds of the house. Elena signed all the papers, and documents looking over at Bonnie as she did so.
"Please sign here and here." The lawyer told her pointing to two lines as she picked up the pen and signed her name.
" Okay."
"So this place is all yours? They just gave it to you?" Bonnie asked.
" For now. As sole owner, I'm the only one who can invite a certain type of person in here, if you know what I mean." Elana said looking between Bonnie and the lawyer.
" Your own personal safe house." Bonnie noted.
"That's the idea." Elana replied.
" Wouldn't want to clean it." Bonnie joked looking around the large room as both her and Elena laughed.
As Elana signed, Stefan, Celest and Damon waited patiently outside for her to sign them and invite them in.
" You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked.
"She said she could channel enough witch's power to take him down. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so…" Stefan began.
"We just need to find him." Damon finished.
" Yeah."
"Originals have been wrong before. Bonnie might not be able to do this. She hasn't been trained or mentored, she's not part of a coven. Those dead witches can only do so much." Celest told them
" Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?" Damon asked Stefan ignoring what Celest was saying.
" Nope. Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked." Stefan said annoyed.
"Celest you knew Klaus, got anything of his?" Damon asked her.
"I knew him 700 years ago. Anything I had back then would be ruined and not have a strong enough essence." Celest told him as she twirled her daylight ring on her finger.
" Do you think he killed her?" Damon asked.
" Katherine? Probably." Stefan answered.
"Probably not. Klaus is all about games. He's caught her, now he can have his fun. She's escaped him for 500 years he won’t just kill her." Celest corrected him
" It's not like she didn't have it coming." Damon laughed as Elena opened the door and the lawyer left. 
" Thank you, Mr. Henry." Elana said waving as he got in his car and drove away before walking back into the house. Stefan and Damon tried to follow only to be stopped by an invisible barrier stopping them from entering.
" I'm sorry. I completely forgot." She said happily as she looked at Stefan. " Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?" Elana asked emphasizing the word ‘my’.
" I would love to. Thank you." He replied as he entered the house.
Elena looked back at Damon.
" What are we, 12?" He asked her.
" One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"
" No." Damon laughed.
" Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?" Elana told him.
" Yes, Elena. Sure." He said.
" Then please, come in." She said holding the door open for him to enter, looking at Stefan.
" Shut up." He told him
"Celest. I don't really know you, but do you promise to always tell me the truth and no secrets?" Elana asked her.
"No." Celest did pushing past Elana and walking into the boarding house.
"How did she do that?" Stefan asked.
"She's not a human. The whole entrance to the house thing only works on me if it is fully human beings whose name is on the deed. No half breeds, no witches, no doppelgängers." She said to Stefan and Damon before turning back to Elana. "You don't control me. The only reason either of these two care about telling you anything is because they're both whipped. I on the other hand don't care for you that much, from what I've seen, you lie to your family, you hurt your friends by involving them in battles that aren't there own and you string along two boys who both love you. So don't talk to me about honesty and secret agendas." Celest said before walking through the house to the library followed by Damon.
"You were very friendly out there." He told her.
"I don't care Damon. She may seem sweet and kind and ready to give herself up but when it comes down to it she would find a way around it. Only those of us who have nothing to lose would give it all. She has things to lose."
"But even you don't want to die Celest."  
"I have regrets and things I would like to do before I go, but I never feared death. Katarina used to be just like her you know."
"Really?" Damon laughed.
"Really. I met her when she was still human, in Bulgaria with her family. She was about Elana's age. So young and beautiful, she cared for everyone. Then she got pregnant and banished. I visited her once or twice in England, not knowing she was the doppelgänger of course. Only the Originals knew that, because only they had met Tatia. But she changed once she became a vampire. Klaus killed her family to punish her for changing and she just turned it off. And never turned it back on. They aren't so different you know. And if Elana ever does turn, her humanity will be all that keeps her from becoming Katarina." Celest finished her story as she finished her drink downing the scotch and walking out of the library and towards the living room.
Bonnie and Elana were in there with Stefan. Celest walked in followed once again by Damon to see Bonnie giving Elena her jacket.
" Thanks." Elana told her taking it.
" Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked.
" To school." Elana told him simply.
" Huh?" Stefan said confused.
"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it." Damon told her.
" Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan continued.
"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner." She said looking at Damon
" Your way, Elena." Damon told her.
"And it's not like he's going to go to her high school as one of her teachers. Mind you if you do have any hot, new, English, sorta broody looking teachers, steer clear." Celest told her.
" Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. Know how." Bonnie said.
" The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be. Come on." Elana said as her and Bonnie walked out of the house leaving Stefan and Damon still looking at each other.
"Wait Bonnie." Celest called making her stop at the porch. " Be careful with how much magic you use. Channelling still takes energy and effort. Don't hurt yourself please. Oh and if you see Morgan or Kamil tell them to meet me at the Grill tonight. I've tried calling them and got nothing. Thanks." Celest said as she pushed Bonnie towards Elana's car. "Now don't you be late for school missy. I don't want to have to go and talk to the principle."
"Why would you be talking to him anyway?" Bonnie mocked and Stefan shouted from inside the house.
" Wait, um, coming." He said as he walked down the corridor and out to the car with Elana and Bonnie as they drove out of the Boarding house drive and over to the school.