Friends or Enemies?

Olivia's P.O.V

I woke up to the bright Bradford sun peeking in through the gaps in my bright yellow curtains. I yawned and stretched, taking a deep breath. We've been here for nearly a week now and I have really started to get attached to Bradford, like I've been living here all my life. In the past few days I unpacked, got to know the town a bit more and my parents started work. Not me though, I'm starting school fresh on Monday...

"Oh shit!" I scrambled out of bed realising that it was Monday and I barely had half an hour to get ready. I started to get ready jumping in the shower and putting on my favourite clothes – black leggings, a knitted yellow jumper and a pair of light brown boots – as they say, first impression is the best impression. And I wanted to make a good impression.

I realised there wasn't really much time to straighten my hair and let it go natural – which is quite wavy. I applied a bit of makeup, I never used to wear makeup when I went to school, Kyle didn't like it, didn't want me to turn into a 'slut' like most girls...

"Honey breakfast is ready!" Mum's shout cut through my thoughts and I ran downstairs to join my parents for breakfast.

"Now remember, the teachers here all know what happened but none of the students do and I think it's best if we keep it that way," Dad said for the zillionenth time, going over on how to make most of this new opportunity.

"Yes Dad! Ok Dad," I mumbled with as little enthusiasm. He doesn't half go on. But I won't really blame him for being overprotective. Dad insisted on coming with me to the head teacher's office to make sure I was signed in alright, though Mr Purditt had rung yesterday telling us everything was signed up and ready.   

Mr Purditt himself was a very friendly looking man, in a smart suit, bald head and a firm don't-mess-with-me kind of look. I smiled at him and he seemed a little more at ease. He filled a few forms and reassured my Dad everything was fine. And finally Dad left and I was left with my new timetable to start off the day.

"Now Olivia, Mrs Kenrick here will show you where your first lesson is, which is English and I hope you have a good time here! We are a very friendly lot and I'm sure you'll fit in alright. Of course the students already know they will have a new classmate and I have assigned Rachel Spencer, who is with you for all of your lessons to look after you for the week until you're comfortable," Mr Purditt offered me a warm smile.

"Oh and one more thing, we do have a uniform here so after school you will need to come buy a new one." I nodded at Mr Purditt and followed the curly-haired Mrs Kenrick out of the office and towards my lesson.

As we walked past I saw two young looking boys arguing over a football just outside - yeah, very friendly!

"Oh dear! Not again! Right Olivia will you be alright finding your own way while I sort this out? It's room 109 at the end of this corridor and anyone will help you if you ask." Mrs Kenrick looked at me hopefully.

"Yes of course!" I replied although I was not okay with this at all. I didn't want to be lost on my first day here. But she didn't seem to sense my hesitation as she disappeared down the stairs. Now classroom at the end. End of this corridor. End of this corridor? Wait was it this corridor or the other one? I stood lost after 1 minute of being left alone. What a great start.

I sauntered on for a bit and then I saw a boy with light brown hair come towards me. He had a brand-new looking 'SuperDry' bag and expensive-looking clothes. His expression told me he was a fierce person, one not to be messed with.

"Hi! My name's Olivia I'm just joining this school today and I got a bit lost. Could you tell me where this lesson is?" I asked smiling up at him. He looked me up and down a frown crooked on his eyebrows. He looked quite scary and I was starting to back away after seeing the scars on his knuckles.