Chapter 2

Maya's POV

It was the next day. I walked into school and opened my locker. Hmm let me think today is tuesday so first period is history, Mr. Matthews. I got my history books and as I turned to see who was walking towards me. It was Riley holding her history books and she looked a little upset.

Riley what's wrong? I asked.

Maya, I'm sorry I wasn't here yesterday because if I was I could have helped defend you in front of everyone.

Riley, it's fine, it wasn't your fault. I explained.

Thanks Maya. Riley smiled.

As Riley and I walked into Mr. Matthews class, I saw Farkle's seat was missing. That's weird because Farkle would never miss a day of school.

I turned to see Riley looking at his seat and she gave me the what-the-heck-is-going-on look.

Dad? Riley asked.

Yes, Riley? He asked.

Why isn't Farkle here today?

I don't know, I was about to ask you guys the same thing. He said.

Maybe he has a family emergency? Lucas said.

Don't you worry cowboy, I'm sure your pal is just fine. I messed with Lucas.

Thank you ma'am. *tips imaginary cowboy hat*

Ooohhhhhhh. I said.

As Mr. Matthews was telling us about a boring lesson that happened in the 1800's, he was interrupted by a loud noise from the hallway. Everyone flinched as they heard noise.

... Mr Matthews, what was that noise? I asked worriedly.

I don't know but I'm going to go check. Mr. Matthews said.

As Mr. Matthews opened the door, Farkle was covering his cheek and ducked right by the door and the most popular guy in school, Connor, who's extremely strong and plays football, and all the girls go crazy about him, punched the door.

Ow! Son of a bitch! Connor said.

No cursing in this school! Farkle are you ok? Why are you covering your cheek? What happened? Mr Matthews asked Farkle, as he blocked Connor.

Um no I shouldn't Mr. Matthews. Farkle said in a frightened tone.

Connor go out in the hall and you better be in the hall when I call you back inside because if your not, I'll send you to the principal's office and give you detention for the rest of this month!

K, fine, whatever, Matthews. Connor said.

Now Farkle what happened?

Mr. Matthews, I appreciate you trying to protect me but can we just not talk about it?

No Farkle! Tell me what happened right now!

Ok, well I was getting my books but then Connor grabbed me and made me walk with him all the way to the janitor's closet. I kept saying "I'm going to be late! I'm going to be late!" But Connor told me to shut-up and waited for the hallway to be empty. Once it was empty he pushed me out the hall and his gang came along. They punched me, slammed me into the lockers and smacked me. I told them to stop but then one of his friends, Jake who was part of the gang hit me somewhere around my cheek with something. Farkle said.

I looked at Lucas and his face was heated with anger.

Lucas got up and looked like he was about to murder someone.

I grabbed Lucas' arm. "Lucas you need to calm down! We will make sure to make Connor pay for what he has done!"

"How Maya? Just by acting like fools and not doing anything? Lucas said in a loud, angry voice.

No Lucas, we will make sure he pays! I just have one more question before I do something. Mr. Matthews said.

What did Connor's friend hit you with?

Farkle removed three fingers on his cheek and was holding his hand under the big enormous cut so that the blood doesn't drip on the floor. Everyone gasped.

I-I think was a pocketknife. Answered Farkle.

-----------------------

Hoped you guys liked this chapter! Next chapter will be coming tomorrow if I have time. What do you think of my story? Comment below if you think I should keep making this story.