/dreizehn/

Zofía

"This water is pretty good." I find myself saying, as I try to avoid the glares of the man who took part in creating me and my significant other.

"Zofía." My name rolls off Bastian's tongue, in a soft manner.

I glance at Bastian, my stare trailed on his beautiful green eyes.

"Yes, Bastian?" I reply hesitantly, trying to refrain from the use of nicknames.

"When am I going to meet your mother?" He's grinning from ear to ear, as he leans into me, whispering something.

"I really really want to kiss you. You look so beautiful." He pulls back, as a smirk forms.

My cheeks are a dark shade of crimson, as I avoid my father's menacing stare.

"Sebastian,don't ever talk about your desire to ravage my daughter in my presence. Ever again." Dad speaks, his tone cold.

"Dad!" I snap, taking a hold of Bastian's hand.

"Nein, Kätzchen, alles ist gut."

"No, Basti, alles ist nicht gut!" I mutter angrily. "He has no right to be so rude."

"I won't let him fuck you." Dad shoots back, taking a long swig of his wine.

"Dad, stop overreacting, please."

"Listen, sweetheart, he's handsome and whatever." Dad starts off, as he uses my nickname. "But, he seems... cocky."

"Like you, right?" I snap. 

"Zof, baby, calm down." Bastian says calmly to me. "Sir, if I may."

"Go ahead." Dad motions for him to speak. 

"I'm deeply in love with your daughter, sir, she makes me happy. I suppose that I make her happy, as well. I understand that you feel as if it is your job to protect her, but that won't stop me from loving her." At this point, Bastian's gaze is as deep as this whole situation. 

"Uh." Is all that I can barely make out. Fuck. 

I reach across the table, grabbing dad's wine glass, bringing it up to my soft pink lips, chugging it. Dad and Bastian are staring at me, trying to see if I'm still sane. A few seconds later, I set the glass down.

"Cameriere!" I wave to the waiter, who rushes over. "più vino per favore" More wine, please. 

"Zofía, calm down." Bastian's hand finds my own. 

"I didn't actually think you loved me. I legitimately thought it was a phase. A fucking phase. Fuck!" I let out hurriedly. 

"Oh,  Kätzchen, meine Liebe, I'm crazy about you. Absolutely crazy about you." At this point, his soft pale hands are cupping my crimson tainted cheeks, as his verdant eyes bore into my honey colored ones. 

"Basti..." I trail off. 

"Kätzchen, hear me out. You're the one. I know you don't believe in all that emotion bullshit, but it's real. My love for you is real." 

"Basti... the heart has emotion." I start off. "And my heart is full of it." My voice fades into a low whisper, as a smile begins to form on Basti's face.  

"Damn, blondie, that was suave." Dad's deep voice pulls us apart. 

I let out a light chuckle. 

"Never have I ever seen such a beautiful, honest and raw declaration of love. Although I would prefer it to not have been to my daughter, I applaud you, son."