Chapter Ten

The sharp ring of the hotel phone rang through the room.

 “Riley get that.” I grumbled not wanting to move one inch from my warm comfortable bed.

 “Ugh, Hello?” Riley groggily spoke into the phone. “Oh wonderful, thanks.” She slammed the phone down. “Wake up call curtesy of Dalton.” She said reaching over and turning the light on. Her small french braid had come out in her sleep and hair stuck out everywhere. I sat up in bed slowly and checked my phone, partly hoping for some formal goodbye from Harry. Nothing. I sighed and clicked the phone off in anger.

 No, today was the day I’ve been dreaming, some player pop star was not going to ruin this.

 “Riley!” I whispered unable to control my smile as the thrill of excitement shot through my body. “Today is the day! We made it Riley!” I screeched finally feeling the excitement I had felt the night we won the qualifying game and forcing my anger, and Harry out of my mind. 

 Riley smiled and a giggle started to escape her lips. “We did!” She screeched back and we jumped up and started having a little freak out in our room with hysterics.

 “Wake up girls!” I yelled running down the halls and throwing open all the doors. I heard multiple groans and only Jessie joined me in my celebration jog.

 “Ahhhhh!” She screamed with a big grin on her face. We did a little hop thing in the living room just as the other girls shuffled out. They couldn’t help but smile.

 “My heart and spirit are with you, but my body and mind are only thinking about food.” Kylee mumbled, her dirty blonde hair was also sticking up in numerous direction. Right when she said that Torres burst through the doors, wearing his trainers suit.

 “We’ve got strawberries, pineapple, grapes, kiwi, blueberries, all your hearts breakfast desires!” He advertised followed by a cart of food.

 “And one really cute waiter.” Jessie mumbled from beside me and tried her best to fix her hair as she sized up the waiter. I rolled my eyes.

 “I’ve only got my eyes on the food.” I started walking towards the cart and loaded up a plate like the other girls.

 “Ok, you girls have to start getting everything together and packed into your game bags. At three we’ll head down stairs.” After Torres was done briefing us he walked out of the room. Every game day was the same, and after we had finished our breakfast all hell broke loose.

 “Kinsley you have my lucky socks!” Alex screamed.

 “I do not!”

 “Yes you do!”

 “Don’t touch me my nails are drying!” Jessie yelled dodging me in the hall way.

 “Riley have you seen my shorts?” I asked coming into the living room where Riley was packing her bag.

 “Bottom closet drawer?” She suggested not looking up.

 “Thanks!” I replied walking back to my room. Passing Joanna’s room I heard her singing at the top of her lungs and paused to listen.

 “Beautiful eh.” Mia sighed stopping beside me. I smiled and gave her a nod as I continued to walk.

 “Pro wrap, I need pro wrap!” Sydney yelled.

 “Got some!” Emma replied and I saw and small bundle of black pro wrap fly in front of me from Emma’s room into Sydney’s.

 “Thank you!”