Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:

“Done.” Riley breathed from beside me as she zipped up her duffle bag and heaved it onto the floor. “You good.”

 “Almost.” I mumbled trying to stuff my shoes as gently as possible into the remaining space i had left. “There.” I sighed zipping mine up too. I slung my purse over my shoulder and grabbed my duffle bag. Following Riley we walked out into the living room which was scattered with bags and family members trying to help pack.

 “I’ll just be over there.” Riley whispered slinking towards Adam who was sitting on the couch awkwardly surrounded with Mia’s bags. I rolled my eyes.

 “Good to go?” Dad questioned coming up behind me.

 “Yea, I’m just going to wait for all the girls so we can say goodbye.”

 Dad laughed. “Geez, you girls act like one week apart is one year. Meet you downstairs.” I nodded and sat down on the couch to wait for the girls. Dad always teased me about how close the girls and I were, but i spend so much time with them how can we not be close?

 “Alright not waiting any longer I have a plane to catch. Lets go girls!” Sydney yelled. Slowly the rest of the girls came out into the living room with all of their bags.

 “Bring it in.” Kinsley sobbed causing all of us to tear up too. We shuffled together wrapping our arms around each other.

 “It’s only a week guys, we can do it.” Jessie sniffed.

 “I love you guys.” Nora mumbled into my shoulder.

 “Love you.” We all replied sniffing.

 “Ok break it up, we all have places to be.” Kylee’s dad said pulling us apart.

 “Text, call, skype, the works ok?” I called grabbing my bag and walking towards the elevator.

 “Of course.”

 “See you soon!”

 “Don’t hurt anyone Sky!”

 I rolled my eyes at their comments, but smiled as I walked out of the door. “Bye!”

 “Bye!”

My last ride in the vacuum elevator went quickly and I stepped out into the luxurious lobby for the last time. I silently said goodbye to the marble floor, the pillar Harry had pulled me behind, the snotty rich women strutting in their stilettos and Mr Glenson smiling away at a visitor from behind the counter. With a sigh I spotted dad sitting in one of the big red chairs.

 “All set.” I breathed with a smile stopping in front of him.

 Dad looked up. “Ok, the cars waiting outside.”

I reached into my bag and pulled out my sunglasses that tied together my outfit of ripped denim shorts held on my hips by a brown belt, a baggy grey cotton shirt and sandals. The perfect casual flying outfit. The air was warm and refreshing and I silently said goodbye to the clean Vancouver air promising to return as soon as possible. Dad and I ducked into the small black taxi that  would bring us to the airport and  then home to Toronto.

•••

“Now boarding flight 215 to Toronto first class.” The stewardess spoke into the intercom. I stood up starting to collect my bags as dad headed towards the terminal.

 “Ticket please, have a nice flight. Ticket please, have a nice flight.” She repeated while her hands constantly moved and ripped tickets. When it was my turn I flashed her a quick smile which she returned. “Have a nice flight.” She chirped handing me back my ticket and I headed into the terminal tube to catch up with dad. I placed my carry on in the over head compartment then took my seat.