Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Calicostripe’s point of view

                The battered calico sighed as she stared down at the small kit whom was in a deep sleep. She was thinking about how she had never had a mate or kits, and that she could help this small kit out as if it were her own. In her life, Calicostripe was in a blood-thirsty clan that loved wars and battles. The clan cats were actually very nice and friendly towards each other. But to any loner or kitty-pet that stepped paw into their territory, they would immediately snarl and unsheathe their sharp claws. Even to little kits, younger than Rosekit. This clan used to be huge, and feared by all others, but that was until Blackstar, the leader, had retired. He was a strong, great leader, but also a friend. Ghostface, now Ghoststar, had taken his place. That was when more drama went on, cats left, and the first time in many a moon, they had lost a battle. At that time, Calicostripe was wrongly accused of spying for another clan, and was exiled.

                The she-cat shook her head, trying to clear it of the time.

The past is gone; Live now

She thought over and over. It played again and again in her mind.

Finally, she got to her paws and began to groom her calico pelt before arching her back in a stretch. After this, Calicostripe gaped her jaws, trying to get a trace of prey scent. Underneath all of the scents of the forest, she could smell something… peculiar.

Her eyes showed a hint of confusion, but that was soon masked by fear, and she hissed out loud. Rosekit didn’t hear this, and was still sleeping soundly on the forest ground. What the older calico had smelled was not mouse nor vole, yet an approaching badger.

She padded over to Rosekit and without saying anything to her, picked her up by her scruff, and began speeding away from where she had smelled the huge animal.

But when she realized that she was actually going towards the creature, she skidded on the ground, regained her footing, and raced the opposite direction. Luckily, though, she realized that the way that she was going was the way to SoulClan territory.

They would take her. And if they didn’t, I would raise her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really short and suckish, I know. Sorry.