P L A Y I N G T H E G A M E - C H A P T E R 23

Chapter 23

Creanna marched toward her apartment building not even so much as glancing back. If embarrassment was a deadly disease it would have consumed her ass on the spot. She felt incredibly stupid. She basically just told Casper she wanted to be his girl but he shut it down by telling her he still loved his other girl.

She was so angry and hurt, she violently swung open the door to her apartment building then stomped up the staircase, creating a commotion. When she got to her door, she raised her hand to pound on it but was slightly surprised when the door opened. She quickly walked past Santana who held a big black bag in his hand, nearly knocking him over.

Creanna went over to the living room window and pulled the blind back. As if on cue, Casper's silver Mercedes-Benz pulled off down the street, crushing her heart. Wow, he didn't even come out the car, try to stop me or anything. She thought.

"Uh...I was going to put the garbage out, but it seems like that can wait. You alright?" Santana asked. He hadn't seen her since she stormed out of their apartment after their argument the night before, but he was over it anyway.

Creanna whipped around to face him, kicking her heels off and flopping down on the couch. "Can you believe he has a girlfriend?"

"Who?"

Creanna sucked her teeth, "Stop it Santana, you know who."

A crooked smirk marred his handsome face as he ran a hand through his soft jet black curls. "Oh, you mean ya man Casper."

Creanna ignored him, just sitting with her head in her hands, staring at the floor like her life was over.

Santana rested the garbage out in the hall in front of their door, making a mental note to take it out in the next five minutes. The garbage bags they used were scented so it kept odor locked in. He wasn't worried about it smelling up the entire hallway. Santana closed the door back and leaned against the door, narrowing his eyes at her.

"So your boyfriend has a girlfriend...why would that bother you again?"

"What? I never said it did."

"You nearly knocked me on my ass when you came in here and that tone in your voice ain't telling the same story, ma."

Creanna rolled her eyes. "I don't care about him having a girlfriend," She lied. "It's just, it's almost like I'm playing him but he played me, ya know?"

"You would only feel that way if you was into the nigga. This ain't shit but a business move. So like I said, his girl shouldn't bother you 'cause it ain't really ya business. Why...you want him?"

Creanna sighed, "No Santana, why do you keep asking me that?"

He shrugged, "I'on...just making sure." He said, a hard look on his face as he looked her up and down.

"What," she mumbled.

"Nothing," he cleared his throat, coming into the living room. He took a seat on the couch next to her, leaning back and getting comfortable. "You know...I actually knew he had a girl."

"You knew?" Creanna said in disbelief like he was holding the world's cure to cancer.

"I mean, I didn't really know if she was his girl or not...but I knew she had to be in his close circle. I got sent by one of the dudes Casper have in command at the trap Crazy Moe, to go pick some shit up once—it was a while back so I'on remember everything. But Crazy Moe had sent me to this one bedroom house that's really a cover up for drugs and this girl was there. I figured she would be his chick, or at least somebody important, 'cause ain't no way a nigga in the game trusting any random chick to know where his product stay knowing there's a risk of her getting some other dude to jack him or pull some other shit."