Chapter 10

"Because I want to marry you." He finally answered my question looking away.
"What?" I asked getting all dizzy.
"I've never met you before. Yet you want to marry me? Nonsense!" I said getting all angry and scared.
"I did meet you." He declared looking at me.
"I guarantee you I've never seen your face before." I said getting a little bit calmer than before.
"Who do you think saved your life 12 years ago?" He asked
"Saved my life?" I asked.
I don't really remember anything from 12 years ago I was only 5 back then.
"What happened 12 years ago your highness?" I asked.
"You were attacked by wolves when you went with your family to one of the islands. I was coincidently there too. I saved your life back then." He explained to me.
"Nonsense!" I said.
"My father said he was the one who saved me!" I retorted.
"He said that to hide the fact that a vampire is real." He poured himself some tea.
"So you want me to believe you and accuse my father of lying?" I asked.
"That's the truth, believe what you want, but I'll marry you anyways." He declared and left my room.
It took me seconds to get all my thoughts together.
My head was getting even worse than before. I tried to get up to wash my face, but failed and fell down. It felt like thousands axes banging against it. I've never been hurt this badly.
I couldn't get up so I stayed on the floor. It was cold and hard. Just like this place and all the people in it.
All my life I've been feeling happiness and peacefulness.
Never have I ever felt the other emotions.
Like fear, hate, betrayal.
I would only see them when I would go with my father to the royal theatre.
I only thought oh, how hard it must be.
But never have I ever thought I'll be put in their shoes.
Minutes later someone entered the room, "my princess! Are you okay?" Hart came to my side the moment he saw me on the floor.
"You have a fever!" He exclaimed.
"Perhaps it's from the wound." I answered slowly feeling the pain getting even worse.
"I'll call his majesty." He told me and he called some maids to get me on top of the bed.
I wanted to tell him no. I'd rather die right now, than see his majesty.
I hated this place, I hated everything.
I had a small world, my world.
It consisted of my room and the Royal library.
I'd spend hours there just exploring everything.
I also learned French just to read a book that had an attractive cover.
I promised myself that if I finished all the books in that library and perhaps also read them to my future kids.
I'd imagine myself sitting in the garden, in my love's hands.
Whispering sweet nothings to each other's, watching our offsprings running after each other's.
But it all seemed like imagination, all my dreams are shattered.
I don't even know if my parents are alive.
And there is a reason why I'm hated.
Only the Royal family knows of this secret that could change everything.
The worst thing is that it's about me.
That's why I've never had friends. I never went to public schools and had Royal teachers at home.
My only entertainment was my books and my imaginations.
I never complained because I deserved it more than anything.
They were also debating whether to kill me or let me live.
I wish they had killed me for that secret.
I didn't realize his majesty talking to me from all the thoughts going around my head.
"Are you okay?" He asked softly that id mistake him for a fallen angel.
I tried pushing him away, but my strength failed me and he grabbed onto my hands.
"Leave me alone." I whispered feeling pain with every time I open my mouth.
"You're in bad pain, the doctor is on his way." He told me brushing my hair.
He started removing my gown.
I tried to stop him, but he refused saying that he needs to get my fever down.
"Please, no." I pleaded already losing conscious.
"Is it important now?!" He sharply asked. "You may die now!" He said.
I was about to answer him when I felt light and slept.