Thelie's Arrival

(11 of Summer)

The sun hung high up in sky. It was beating down on the earth like a merciless fire. Travelers were going up and down the road. One caravan in particular held someone special. Her name was Thelie Draakon. She had long red hair, eyes paler than the sky and had a certain special air about her. Special as in she was different not as in rich person's air. She was actually holding on rather tight to the railing on the side of the wagon. She was moving to a new town and the man in the driver's seat offered a ride to this said place.

"You know I don't think I caught your name."

"It's...Thelie...."

"I'm pretty sure I told you but, I'm Cain. It's nice to meet you."

"N-nice...to meet you too"

"The mayor mentioned you to the town; he said you would be working off the payment for your housing. What are you planning on doing?"

"Helping out around town when I can and maybe growing crops or fishing, maybe even mining, if you guys have it there."

"Yeah Ramsey would love some help in the mines."

"Great"

"Maybe you could even help out Hikari."

"Hikari?"

"She's going to show you around; she just got here a few seasons ago. She's been trying to run a farm all by herself. She might be grateful for the help."

"I see. That sounds OK."

I smiled at Cain. I liked Cain. He was nice enough to pick me up on his way back to Castanet. Originally I was just going to walk all the way there but he happened by. He offered me a ride and I decided it was OK. I almost fell off as Cain's cart came to a stop.

"We're here!"

"Thanks Cain!"

I hopped off and glanced around. I wasn't entirely sure where I was, but Cain told me town was close. I started to walk away from the cart. I saw a girl running towards me. She had a small Harvest Sprite circling around her head as she ran.

"I'm so glad I made in time...I thought I had missed you."

"You must be Hikari. Cain told me you were coming, but who is this little guy?"

I smiled looking directly at the Harvest Sprite. He gained a shocked look on his face and began to twirl around looking for someone.

"You can see him?"

"Of course I can."

"But...humans don't normally see me."

"Oh...I thought it was normal..."

"Please, do explain how you can see him. Usually only the Witch and Wizard here in Castanet can see him."

I mentally shrunk. Now I was going to have to mask my aura from those two. Elves haven't been around in centuries, sure there were still many, just not as many as there had been in the past.

"I uh...your sprite should be able to tell what I am, if he thinks real hard."

"But...the only people who can see me are Elves, and people who are supposed to."

I smiled brightly at him. He let out a surprised yell then came at me. He swirled around my head then sat on my shoulder and nuzzled my cheek.

"So you're an Elf?"

"Yes, but I'd rather you not advertise it please. There has been much controversy between Elves and humans. I'm not exactly accepted among humans. OK?"

"Sure thing! Your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks...what's your name by the way sir?"

"Finn!"

"Well nice to meet you Finn."

"You ready to go meet everyone else?"

"Yeah sure."

Hikari first took me up to the mining district. I met Luke, Bo, and Dale. They were really nice, and Luke offered to be my big brother if I ever needed one. That was nice. I met Barbara who told me to go see her husband in town later. I then met Julius. I think he must have loved me. He complimented on me and begged me to model some jewelry for him. He gave me a set of earrings that had sky blue feathers attached and said they matched my eyes. Which I guess is how he decided that I should keep them. He then grabbed my hands and kissed both my cheeks. He claimed that that was our new greeting for each other. I smiled. He and I were going to be close friends. I met Ramsey and Chloe in the Blacksmith shop. I expressed my love for mining and things of that like. Ramsey told me the Owen could always use the help in the mines. I smiled and nodded eagerly. I followed Hikari into the mines to meet Owen. Hikari told me we might have to venture down into the mines to find him. We ended up going down into the tenth floor to find him. I introduced myself and mentioned my love for mining. He gave me a decent hammer and said it was mine if I could work it off and bring Ramsey ore once in a while. I smiled and agreed. Hikari then drug me back to the surface to meet Calvin. He was really nice. He promised to tell me some of his stories next time he got a chance. On the way I ran into Phoebe, who introduced herself as Barbara's daughter and continued on.

Hikari then led me down into Harmonica town itself. First, she took me to meet Hamilton and his son Gill. Hamilton was very nice to me, but Gill was very anti-social so I didn't bother him. Before I let Hamilton handed me my house key and showed me where my house was on a map. Hikari then lead me out and into Simon's photos. He was a nice man, who gave me a free camera and told me to take as many pictures as I liked. I thanked him and bowed. We left there and went to the Choral Clinic. I met Irene and Jin. They seemed fairly nice and accepting. I was starting to gain a very positive attitude about this town. No one had been mean yet. She mentioned that there was a bar but it wouldn't open for a few hours still but we could probably meet Kathy at Sonata Tailoring. I nodded and followed. I met Shelly, Candace, Luna and Kathy there. I walked inside and instantly was attacked by Luna. She began insulting my outfit, my hair and everything she could. That's when Kathy thankfully stepped in and stopped her. She apologized and introduced herself to me. I thanked her. I noticed Candace in the back of the shop having some difficulty. She seemed to be too short to reach what she need. I reached up and grabbed it for her. She shyly thanked me and introduced herself. I smiled brightly at her. I liked her over her sister. We then left Sonata Tailoring. Hikari made haste for the shores. She introduced me to Paolo and Pascal. I made conversation with Pascal and he promised to take me out on his next trip to Toucan Island. I beamed. Hikari drug me away. She introduced me to Ozzie and Toby. They were nice to me. She then took me to the Ocarina inn.

There I met Jake, Colleen, Yolanda and Maya. They all seemed nice. Hikari then announced it was time to go the Brass Bar and meet the people there. I nodded and followed her out. In the bar I met Selena, Hayden and Chase. Selena was nice and free spirited. Chase wasn't nearly as nice. He was rather jaded compared to Selena. Hikari seemed to like him well enough and he liked her. She stuck up conversation with him while I listened to Selena.