Damsel In Distress

(Fall 18th)

I woke up earlier than expected. I decided to rise early and take a shower. I needed to metaphorically wiped away my stress maybe? I walked over and took out the decided clothes for the day. I went into the shower. I came out and wrapped the towel around myself. I placed some toast in my toaster. I dried off my hair some before completely dressing. I pulled on the headband just as the toast popped out. I walked over and grabbed it. I walked over to the storage container there was still a few mushrooms in there I could give to the Wizard. I grabbed one. I walked towards the door. I looked back at my side dresser. I could feel my new sketchbook practically screaming at me. I walked over and grabbed it. I placed it inside my satchels before strapping them on and venturing outside. I slowly made my way over to the Wizard's. I gently knocked on his door. I jumped when he opened the door. He was standing and holding his coffee.

"Good morning."

"Morning Wizard..."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, thanks..."

"I was just looking at the skies...would you like to join me?"

"A-actually...I had a question..."

"Yes?"

"Could I um...maybe draw you....like while you're looking into your telescope?"

"Draw me?"

"Yes um...Luke sneaked a sketchbook into my suitcase...while I was uh...you know...I just..."

"It's alright...I'm ok with it..."

"C-cool..."

The Wizard stepped aside and I entered. He closed the door. I waited for him to walk up the stairs before quietly following him up the stairs. I nestled myself into a small corner while he gazed into the telescope. I started to sketch but something was bothering me.

"Hey Wizard?"

"Yes Thelie?"

"What are you gazing at, it's the middle of the morning?"

"The moon..."

"Oh ok..."

"Can you hold this please?"

The Wizard handed me his coffee. I nodded and gently took it from him. I went back to sketching. Periodically he would hold his hand out and she would pass the coffee and then take it back. He'd then move and sketch on his maps nearby. I was content watching him for a little bit. I took the coffee back from him again. There was a knock at the door. I jumped and spilled coffee all over myself.

"Oh no no no hot hot hot!"

I was fanning myself. Wizard trotted down the steps and came back with a wet towel and started patting at the stain.

"I have an extra shirt hold on..."

I nodded and took the rag. I wiped off my shirt some more. He walked over to a dresser and pulled out the shirt. He came back up and directed me to the bathroom. I heard the knock again. I heard the footsteps and door opening. Voices filled the room. I shrugged it off and pulled off my now ruined sweater. I pulled on the Wizard's black turtle neck. There was a gentle knock on the door.

"Thelie, Luke, Owen and Calvin are here looking for you."

"I'm coming Wizard."

I gently folded my soiled shirt. I turned around and opened the door. Sure enough, Luke, Owen and Calvin were waiting for me outside.