The daily routine

"Hey Colleen, I heard you were worried about your husband?"

"Oh...Jake. Yeah he's been acting rather strange as of late. Do you think you could talk to him for me? I mean I know you only just arrived but it would be a big help."

"Of course Colleen"

I walk over to Jake and tap him on the shoulder.

"Hey Jake...Colleen mentioned something about you acting strange. I just came to ask about that?"

"She thinks I've been acting strange? I've just been trying to give her everything she wants as soon as she thinks about it. It's easier now that I can read her mind! But I won't tell you how. You know I close at ten s-so there's no reason to come in after that!"

He promptly left after that. It was more than obvious to me that he had to of been using the crystals power. He showed many of the signs of Crystal Mania. I nodded to myself. I glanced at the clock. It was about 9:30. I decided to come back in about half an hour. I walked down to the beach and passed my time looking at the stars. I heard the clock tower strike 10. I rose and walked over to the Inn. I decided to try the door to see if it was locked. Of course it was. I looked around and leaned down. I placed my hands on either side of the handles and a white light emitted from my fingers. It wiggled it's way into the lock. I heard the lock click open. I smiled and gently opened the door. I could feel a dark aura coming from the back room. I quietly walked over to the door it was coming from. When I opened it, I saw Jake holding the crystal close to his body. The dark aura in the room was stifling, this cause me to cough. Jake turned on me.

"Y-you've come to take this from me! You can't it's my precious..."

"Jake listen to me...that thing is tearing you apart."

"You just want it for yourself!"

"Jake!"

As I was going to release my magic to stop him, the Wizard came bursting through the door. He stood in front of me.

"I knew I felt my crystal ball close by."

"You want to steal this from me as well! You cannot have it, it's mine!"

"If you think you're its true owner."

After a few seconds, the aura in the room purified and Jake turned to the Wizard.

"I can read your thoughts now...I see how important this is to you. I also see that you're the only that can handle its power. I'm sorry I took it from you."

"Thank you."

I stood there for a moment. Wizard made a gesture at me. I followed him. He took me back to his house. He placed the crystal back in its rightful place. I could visibly see the Wizard relax a bit.

"I don't know how to repay you...I could read people's hearts for you?"

"Oh...I have no interest in seeing things that people desire. If I want to know, I'll ask."

"Is there...anything else I can do...to thank you."

"Do you know a lot about the stars?"

"Yes..."

"Maybe you can teach me about the stars?"

Realization seemed to cross his face. He jogged up the stairs and shuffled around up there for a little bit before coming back down. He then hands me a small hand telescope and a book.

"This is...a book of the constellations and their names...I haven't used that telescope in years...I hope this is enough of a thank you..."

"Are you sure Wizard?"