Finale

(Winter 4th)

I woke early again the next morning. It was getting hard to sleep at night as of late. When I was taking care of the Wizard I often fell asleep around the same times he did, which tended to be in the middle of the day. I drug myself out of bed and made myself something to eat and got dressed. I ventured into the forest for the Wizard's mushroom and made my way to the familiar purple door. I knocked. There was a ghost of a knock from inside. I smiled I walked inside. He was at his telescope. I set down the small mushroom and ventured up to him. He was looking into his telescope. Suddenly, something came to mind.

"Hey Wizard?"

"Yes?"

"Why don't you really have friends?"

"I'm not good at dealing with people... I don't have many friends."

"You have me an Hikari..."

"Yes...I suppose I do..."

He seemed to fall silent after that. I helped him look through his books to find one he seemed to not be able to find. I chatted with him for a little longer. I finally decided to take my leave and made for the door. I had my hand on the door knob.

"Th-Thelie!"

I stopped and turned to the Wizard.

"Yes Wizard?"

"Do you have...time today? I...want to talk...later..."

"I don't have anything planned...."

"Ok...meet me by the lighthouse later...around 5...is that ok?"

"Yes of course Wizard."

"G-good..."

He was stuttering. It was kind of odd. I wonder what was on his mind. He offered me a smile and a wave. I nodded. I walked over to the Brass Bar and ate some lunch with Selena. I glanced at the clock and saw the 5 was fast approaching. I had time I thought. I rose and bid her goodbye. I walked over to the lighthouse and waited there. The Wizard was acting awful funny early. Was there something on his mind? I heard soft crunching noises behind me. I turned and saw the Wizard coming. When he saw me...something calming came over his features.

"You came..."

"Well of course Wizard...what is it?"

"Well...I..."

He stood there kind of fidgeting. He scratched the back of his head and avoided my gaze. I patiently waited to see what it is he needed.

"Thelie...you know...Witches and Wizards don't usually tell people their names..."

"Yes I do."

"It's said that...those who know your name...can control you..."

"Yes."

He started to blush a bit. He began to fidget. Again, he scratched the back of his head...wait was this...? I started to flush at thought.

"I've given this much thought Thelie...you've always been around when I need you...and I know we don't usually do this...but I want you...to know my name Thelie..."

"You...I...what..."

I started to flush even brighter. Was this even really happening? Was the Wizard trying to confess something to me that I did not have the courage to do myself. He suddenly took my hands into his own and looked me in the eyes.