Confessions

(Summer 18)

I woke earlier than normal at about 6 that morning. I followed my normal routine after showering. I ran out the door and went into the forest to get the Mushroom before starting on my path to Garmon Mines. I got to Hikari's farm and saw her coming down the path to me.

"You're up really early!"

"I know."

"I have your share of our haul. Are you ready for this?"

"Yes of course what is it?"

"4,312!"

"Whoa that means...I can pay off my house!"

"Yeah! You can."

I reached in after her fishing pole and handed it to her.

"Thank you so much for the help. I won't have to go into the mines every day from now on."

"Maybe if you're not busy we can do what we did yesterday more often?"

"Whatever you need Hikari."

"I wish you could help me with the Yellow Bell, but I have to grow crops and there's not much to help with there."

"Ok. Just let me know what you need. I'll be happy to help."

"Thanks Thelie."

"No problem."

I waved to her before continuing on the path to the Garmon Mines. I went into the mines and found that Owen was already down there. I worked with him and we almost pulled double the haul I usually do.

"Hey I'm going to take what we have up, I'll see you later yeah?"

"Yeah I'll be up in a few hours."

"Ok Owen."

I smiled. I walked up and went to Mira's. I had 40 copper, 30 silver and 20 gold. It was a great haul. It end up being 16 coppers, 8 silver, 4 gold. I took some to Ramsey and only asked to keep a silver ore. I walked back over to Mira and asked her to turn the silver into a necklace for me. Afterwards, I helped Luke set up. About halfway through Mira came out with my locket. It was about two when we were done.

"Hey Luke, I gotta go finish Owen's gift. I'll be back by three, ok?"

"Alright, see you then Sis."

I waved at him before running down to Harmonica town. I had Simon shrink down a few photos for me. It was one of Owen and one of me. I placed it inside the small locket and thanked Simon. He provided me with a small box as well. I walked over to the Wizard's House. I knocked and waited a few minutes. Finally, I heard him echo my knock and I entered. He was sitting on his bed looking at me sleepily.

"Oh...were you sleeping Wizard?"

"Just the...opposite I was getting ready to sleep."

"Oh I see. Don't let me bother you much longer then."

I walked over and set the Mushroom on his desk. I bowed to him. He nodded to me and I left instantly. I walked back up to the mines at three. I saw Luke, Kathy, Selena, Bo, Dale, Chloe and Ramsey yelling surprise to Owen. I smiled and ran up to stand behind everyone.

"So when are we doing presents?"

"Mine first Owen!"

Everyone turned to stare at me. I beamed back at Owen's smile. He gestured for me to come forward. I pulled out the box and handed it to him.

"It's so beautiful Thelie..."

"Read the back."

"I love you brother, love Thelie."