Chapter 9

"Ellie, we have to leave Australia. I have to turn myself in," Cade said, panicking.

"Are you crazy?" I yelled. "They'll find me, and they'll find the drugs, and our lives will be over and..."

"No. My life will be over. I'm not letting you take the hit for my mistakes. I love you too much."

"What am I going to do then?" I questioned, confused about the whole situation.

"You're going into hiding. My guys will take you to a place until I'm back. I don't know how long I'll be gone but..."

"No. No, Cade. I'm not leaving you please don't do this. I love you."

"But you shouldn't. I'm a horrible person and I do horrible things. There's a demon inside me and he won't come out. But until he does, you're not safe. I need to be where I belong-solitary confinement."

Hearing Cade say these words hurt my heart. I couldn't bare the thought of him leaving, making my heart break into a million pieces.

"Cade, how can you say these things about yourself?" I sobbed, in words barely understandable.

"Pack up your things Ellie. I'm going to call my Guys."

"Cade.."

"Go."

I did as told and went to my room. My fingers trembled as placed clothes into my bag. I packed things that had value to me, even the ones I knew I'd never need. I packed makeup, shoes, and notebook paper for potential journal entries.

I headed to the bathroom and rinsed off my face. I removed the makeup that had dripped down my face from crying. I took my two suitcases and dragged them out into the living room.

"Have you called your guys?" I asked him, trying to act as calm as possible.

"Yeah. They'll be coming tomorrow.
His body is hidden pretty well and most likely won't be found until he's reported missing. We have one day just for us," He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and placing a warm kiss on my lips.

"I'm gonna miss this. Us," I said.

"Let's not think about the future. Let's just live in the moment," Cade said, as optimistic as humanly possible. "Put your jacket on. We're going out for dinner."

I put on my jacked and laughed playfully as Cade picked up me and held me over his shoulder.

"Let me down!" I squealed, as if I hated it. In all reality, I loved it.

He unlocked the car door and slammed me on the soft back seat. He hovered over me and pounded his lips onto mine. I could taste the passion in his kiss with every breath. I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and began to unbutton my shirt.

"Do you want to..."

"Of course. It's our last night together. It has to be special," I assured him.

He smiled and continued to kiss me.

*
"So much for dinner," I giggled, rebuttoning my shirt.

We came out of the car, hand in hand.

"That was my plan the whole time. I have a little something for you in the house. Come on," He said, excitedly. I'd never felt more like a princess.

He opened the front door and I walked into a table that was set and full of delicious looking food.

"Why did you...How did you...When did you do this?" I said, barely able to speak due to the awe.

"I payed a butler to do everything. But it's the thought that counts right?" He said, with a cheeky grin on his face.

"You loser," I chuckled, linking our arms and heading to the table to eat.

I sat down, feeling overwhelmed with all the food surrounding me.

"I can't believe this. I can't believe you," I said to him.

"Stop. You're making me blush. Now here. Put this on."

I looked at the shiny diamond ring and stared in amazement.

"Oh my gosh. I can't accept this. I can't..."

"Oh shut up and put it on," He chuckled. I put on the shiny and expensive looking ring. I couldn't believe my eyes.

We finished up our food and headed to bed.

"I can't believe this is the last time we'll be sharing a bed," I said, on the verge of tears.

"Would you stop being such a downer? You have your whole life ahead of you to find another guy. You're beautiful, intelligent, outgoing, ballsy, everything. Any guy would be the luckiest man in the world to have you. And I was for a while."

"I want to spend my life with you. These last few weeks were the time of my life," I assured him.

"I'm gonna grab so more champagne," He said, getting up. I think he finally realized the reality of the situation that was to be taking place. He drank the bottle of champagne heavily, trying to drink away his pain. Now drunk, Cade came back to bed. He was out like a light.

"I love you," I said.

*
Cade and I were awoken by loud police sirens and voices. Cade immediately rose from bed.

"Shit," He mumbled under his breath.

"Ellie you have to go. Now. Shit! SHIT!"

"Freeze! Let go of the girl and put your hands where I can see them!"

The day was finally here. The day where Cade was caught and I was found. It wasn't exactly how I imagined it. I imagined it to be this sense of relief, but instead, it was tragedy and sadness.

"Cade no! Don't take him. Please. Let me speak to him. Give me five more minutes to speak to him!" I yelled frantically, as a police officer held me back and another handcuffed Cade.

"Cade, I love you."

"I love you too."

"Cade, I can't believe you're going to jail because of me. I shouldn't have cheated, I'm such an idiot. God, why am I so stupid?"

"It was worth it. Everything. I lived life to the fullest."

"What? How?"

" It was all worth it Ellie. Every second. You were worth it."