Dragon Training

"So, where are we going again?" Hiccup asked the group of teens ahead of him as he rubbed his eye sleepily with his fist. He had gotten a rude awakening from his father that morning and it didn't help that he had only started to doze off an hour before his father had woken him. 

The reason for his restless night, was primarily the Night Fury everyone called Toothless. For that night, a couple minutes after his father had put him to bed, he had heard noises downstairs. As he had silently tiptoed down the creaky stairs to find the source of the noise, he had caught his father trying to sneak the dragon in who, after being caught, told Toothless to sleep outside. Hiccup though was still worried that the dragon would find its way in and make a meal out of him and had spent his entire night wide awake, jumping at every noise he had heard.

Astrid looked back with a smile on her face before answering Hiccup's question eagerly, "It's a surprise!"

"Oh, well it better not have anything to do with dragons," Hiccup said nervously. When he had awoken that morning, not only had he had a close encounter with the dragon Toothless, but he had nearly had a panic attack when he saw dragons roaming free around the village.

"It's okay son," Stoick had reassured him when he saw his son's pale, worried face, "Just stick with the group." And that's exactly what Hiccup did.

"Oh no, of course not," Astrid told him, but nervously averted her eyes from Hiccup's. The place they were going had everything to do with dragons.

That wasn't the only thing the teens knew that Hiccup didn't, though. For following them was Hookfang, Meatlug, Stormfly, Barf and Belch, and Toothless. 

Toothless had been instructed earlier that morning to lead the group of dragons as they followed the teens to the Dragon Training Academy, but he had to make sure that none of them were seen by Hiccup until all the teens were at the academy. There were many close calls, one of which happened when Hookfang nearly ran out into the open to chase a bird, again, and another was when Barf and Belch started to fight. The two heads could never agree with each other, just like their riders.

Toothless kept a close eye on the other dragons though, and so far everything was going according to plan, but as he walked along, still aware of the dragons, he still mourned the fact that Hiccup was afraid of him. He had had a rough night sleeping without the comforting sound of Hiccup's shallow breathing while he slept. And in the morning when Hiccup had walked outside, Toothless had tried to greet him 'Good Morning' only to find that Hiccup was still afraid of him. Crooning sadly, he hoped that Stoick's, or the other teens ideas, helped bring Hiccup's memory back.

The dragons then continued to pad along, following the teens in secrecy, until they were at the entrance to the Dragon Training Academy.

"'Berk Dragon Training Academy' Wait? What!" Hiccup exclaimed as he read the sign above the entrance, which had a picture of Toothless on it. "Y-you said this had nothing to do with dragons!" Hiccup stammered as he looked at the group of teens, mostly at Astrid, who gave him an apologetic look.

"Yeah well, we knew you wouldn't have come with us if we had told you where we were going," Snotlout replied, unfazed by Hiccup's fearful, shocked face.

"Well now that I know where we are going, I'm going to head back home. Good Day to you all," Hiccup told them as he turned around and waved a hand only to see the group of dragons staring back at him. "Ahhh!" Hiccup screamed when he saw the dragons, and ran away in fear straight into the academy. When Hiccup realized where he was it was too late, the entrance was already blocked by both dragons and riders. "Please, just let me out!" Hiccup begged them keeping a cautious eye on the dragons roaming around the academy.