Peg Leg

"AAAAHHH!" Hiccup screamed as he fled from the Dragon Training Academy as fast as his feet, including his mechanical one, which surprisingly he hadn't noticed yet, could carry him.

As he had run for his life from the academy, he thought he had heard someone calling his name on the wind, but he had forced himself not to look back. He wanted to get as far away from the place as possible. 

How could I have been so stupid?! he thought to himself in shame, To actually think that a dragon wouldn't hurt me! A shiver of fear went up his spine at the word 'dragon' and the scene of Hookfang bursting into flames instantly replayed itself in his mind. Taken aback by the flashback, he gasped and then tried to shake the image out of his head, but it just kept coming back, like a nightmare.

He then continued to run frantically around the village, getting odd looks from the villagers, while muttering to himself, "Need to hide!"

Pretty soon, he saw the familiar, tall building resting on top of the hill overlooking the entire village come into view. With a small smile of relief, he urged himself to go faster until he burst through the wooden, front door of his house. 

The house was eerily quiet, excluding the slam the door had made as Hiccup closed it, meaning that Stoick was not home. Hiccup did a small sigh of relief at this fact, for he didn't know what he would've told his father if he had been home.

After looking aimlessly around the deserted house for about two minutes, Hiccup decided to head upstairs to his room to relax after his terrifying experience at the academy.

Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud

Hiccup whipped around at the resonant noise, which had suddenly stopped as he stopped on the fifth stair of the staircase. "Who's there?" Hiccup asked in a shaky voice only to be answered by a thick silence. 

After looking warily around, expecting something to pop out of nowhere and scare him out of his wits, he shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk up the stairs, only to hear the noise again.

Thud, Thud, Thud

Hiccup, starting to get a little freaked out by the noise, slowly walked back down the stairs, the noise ringing in his ears as he did so. He then stopped at the bottom of the stairs, the noise ceasing. 

"What is that?" Hiccup asked himself, looking around, starting to get both worried and annoyed by the sound. He then began to scour the house in search of the sound, the mysterious noise following his every move.

It had really begun to get on his nerves now, because when he stopped it stopped and when he began moving around it started up again. That was when Hiccup got an idea. He then began to walk around slowly and the noise started up again and stopped when he stopped. 

Walk, Thud, Stop, Silence, Walk, Thud, Stop, Silence that's how it went as Hiccup tested his idea over and over.

Finally, Hiccup came to the conclusion that he was making the noise. 

"Hmm, maybe there's something in one of my shoes?" Hiccup asked himself as he bent over to take off his big, furry boots but gasped in horror when he did so, for one of his feet had been replaced with a mechanical piece.