Hiccup Remembers

Astrid groaned as she opened her eyes groggily. What happened? she thought.

Suddenly, she remembered. Hiccup, the fire! She bolted upright by the sudden memory, but was soon gently reprimanded by a familiar voice.

"Ah! Stay down! You need your rest."

Astrid, deciding not to lay down, found the owner of the voice at the foot of her bed. "Hiccup," she whispered as he walked to her side. "Do you-Do you remember?" she asked, a bit scared for the answer to her question.

"I remember every single thing."

Unexpectedly, Astrid then punched Hiccup in the arm causing him yelp in pain.

"Ow! What'd you do that for?!" he asked as he rubbed his arm, knowing he would most likely find a bruise there tomorrow.

"Do you know how scared I was when you lost your memory?!"

Hiccup suddenly felt guilty as he sighed and began, "Astrid, I didn't mean to-" He was cut off though when Astrid pulled him in close and planted a kiss on his lips.

Once they parted, Hiccup looked at her before stating, "Well, someone's feeling better."

This earned him another punch in the arm from Astrid, but a small smile plastered her face as she did so. "Much."

"Son!" Stoick exclaimed as he rushed over to his son, who had barely stepped foot outside the Hofferson household with Astrid by his side, and tackled him in a great bear hug.

"Dad, can't breathe!" was all Hiccup could wheeze as his father refused to let go.

Finally, after minutes past, the chief finally let go of his son but still laid his hands on Hiccup's shoulders, "Oh, son I'm so glad your memory's back!" Once he had returned with the bucket brigade to the village, he was nearly been tackled by a group of yammering teens yelling things like, "Hiccup's back!" and "He remembers!"

"Me too, Dad," Hiccup responded with a gentle smile on his face.

A soft crooning noise then reached Hiccup's ears and Hiccup saw Toothless advance towards him.

"Oh, bud," Hiccup began as he cradled Toothless' head "I'm so sorry for the past few days, you know I'd never forget you right?"

Toothless responded with a knowing, gentle warble but then began to smother Hiccup with licks.

"Ahh! No! Toothless stop!" was all Hiccup could yell as he lay on the ground being smothered in dragon kisses. He heard some of the other teens groan in playful disgust, but right now Hiccup didn't have a care in the world. He just knew that he remembered and always would remember his best friend.