Chapter Thirteen - Family

Your POV

I backed into Mark when I saw him at my door. An evil grin on his face. No one other than my very own son, Jeremiah. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I began fighting the memories that tried to flood my brain. I could almost not handle it. Jeremiah looked into my eyes. "Mom," then looked over at Mark. "Mark." He then let himself inside and turned back around. "I love what you did with the place." He walked into the kitchen and made himself a plate of food. He looked back at me then smiled again. "I'm glad you took me seriously on the phone mom. It really means a lot to me." I just shot him a smile back at him. I didn't want him to know he was getting to me. I realized there was no Dark. Not behind me, not next to Jeremiah, not raping me, not trying to kill me, not in the mirror, nothing. He's not here. I cleared my throat. "Why are you alone?" I asked as politely as possible. Jeremiah gave out a chuckle at my question. "Well after dad fell for you back in his little Phantom trap," He started as he looked into my eyes. "I dropped him." After he finished his words I noticed he was trying to hide a frown. I became very and I guess he saw it written in my face. "He didn't love you when you got pregnant with me. He didn't love you until now. I was a child of rape, basically not even suppose to happen. To be honest it hurts a lot. I'm really hurt so I dropped him. I don't need him anyway. After I ran off I realized that maybe evil isn't the answer and knew I made mistakes. I want to make it right though. I wanna fix what I have done. I thought I'd start with my mother and Mark, the man who deserves to be a father. Unlike my real father." He sighed with the last of his words and took his now empty plate to the kitchen. I grabbed Mark and took him outside to talk. "Should we trust him?" I whispered to Mark as quietly as possible. "I don't know," He replied. "It seemed pretty believable. If you wanna give him a second chance I will stand with you." I nodded and went back inside. "Jeremiah," I started. "I'm glad you came back." Jeremiah smiled at me. "Stay as long as you need," I finished as his eyes got wide. "Really?" He asked. "Thank you so much." He hugged me and tried to hide his joy. "You're the best mom. I promise I wont let you down." I genitally rubbed his head with one hand and with the other I hugged him back. Mark just smiled at me from afar. I'm happy that what seemed like a broken family is now glued back together and we all get our new beginning. I just hope that everything doesn't explode again. I am happy to actually have my son in my arms once again.