My Desire To Be With You

I counted to five in my head, and knocked on the big oak door of his house.

This all felt so surreal.

Imagine, me, of all people, winning this competition to meet one of my most favourite musicians.

It was crazy. Absolutely crazy.

I enjoyed the car ride here. His personal chauffeur came and picked me up from my home, which was a few hours away.

Anyway, the view was beautiful, and so scenic.

I pinched my arm, hard, to check if I was dreaming or not.

''Ouch'' I muttered, rubbing where I just pinched. Not dreaming.

''Hello?, are you a fan? How'd you get in here?'' A tall, big muscular man, dressed in all black, answered the door. His eyes wandered around the courtyard.

''I.. I won a competition, to meet Mr Jackson'' I replied confidently, although the guy seemed so intimidating, it was hard.

He frowned behind his black sunglasses. ''Do you have any proof of that?''

I stayed silent for a moment, then remembered. The letter.

''Here.'' I whisked the neat small envelope which was addressed to me, out of my bag.

He carefully took the piece of perfectly folded paper out of the opened envelope, and began reading it.

''I'll be back in a little while. Stay here!'' He replied. I nodded, and watched him walk back inside the huge mansion with my letter.

* *

It felt like I was waiting forever. I almost gave up hope he was even coming back, when...

''Miss, please come in'' He moved out of the way of the door, to let me in. I slipped past him, and thanked him.

''I'm sincerely sorry for taking a while. I had to clear it up with Michael, fans are always thinking of ways to come in, so I didn't know if you were telling the truth. Sorry!'' He handed me back the letter.

''That's okay. But, how do fans even get inside the gates?'' I frowned, as we walked down a huge hallway. Portraits of Michael covered the walls. Very beautiful, artistic portraits.

''They're such sneaky little things, climbing over the gates and whatnot'' He shook his head.

We turned left, into another hallway. This house was huge. Ginormous.

''Michael is in his library. A huge order of books came in, and he's placing them on the shelves. We told him that the maids would do that, but he insisted on doing it himself.''

We got to the double doors of the library, when he stopped me.

''I'm Joey. I'm one of Michael's bodyguards! He has many, but Dale, I and a few other of us guard all the entrances to the house'' He extended his hand. I shook it politely and gave him a small smile.

''I'm Angelique! Pleased to meet you!''

''Pleasures all mine'' He nodded. ''If you need anything, I'll be guarding the front door''

''Okay, thank you Joey. Do I just go in?'' I bit my lip, and looked at the doors.

Joey knocked and flashed me a grin. ''He won't bite'' He strode off quickly, muttering something about needing to guard the door.