Home

-Angel's POV-

I sighed as I closed the door of my gross apartment. It felt weird to be home. I was with Michael for one day, one day only and it felt like we had such a unique... Bond already. It felt like I was there for weeks, months even.

But I bet fans visit him all the time, I was probably no one special. No one worth keeping in touch with.

I looked down at my closed hand, and remembered the necklace Michael gave me. I slowly opened my hand, and glanced down at the beautiful little ladybug pendant on a thin silver chain.

It was so gorgeous. And it looked to be so expensive. The pendant itself was quite big, and covered in red and black rhinestones. I carefully ran my finger along the side, when... it seemed to open.

Oh no.

Oh god... I do hope I haven't broke it. I-

Oh.

It's a locket.

Okay.

Inside was a small neatly folded piece of white paper. I bit my lip and carefully opened it.

'' 

Thank you, Angel. You're so lovely. Here's my digits, hit me up!

****...

Love, MJ''

I wrote the number into my sketchbook, and refolded his note, and placed it back in the locket.

How sweet of him.

He really didn't have to do that, but I'm glad he did.

*

I decided not to call him for a while. 10+ hours atleast. I don't want to bother him when he's jet-lagged or in a meeting, or on the plane.

It was now 7.00pm. That should be alright, right?

I took a deep breath and dialled in his number slowly.

-

-

It rang a few times, then a deep familiar voice answered the phone.

''Hello? Joey, MJ's bodyguard speaking.''

''Hey, Joey! It's me''

''Angelique?''

''Mhm.'' I chuckled. ''How's things?''

''Oh hey girl. Fine, fine... Did you want to speak to Michael?''

''Yes, is that.. Okay?'' I asked hopefully.

''I'm afraid he's asleep at the moment, the flight has took it out of him.''

''Awe.''

''Yeah, I'll tell him to call you in the morning before his meeting, alright?''

''You would?''

''Of course! Uh.. Don't tell him I told you this, but he's been wanting to call you! He just didn't have a number for you. He'll be overjoyed when I tell him you've rang''

''That's so sweet. Thank you so much, Joey!''

''It's not a problem doll. You made him smile so much the other day, I've not saw him like that in a long time. I can't thank you enough.''

''It was a beautiful day.'' I blushed.

''Truly was! I've gotta go now, it's my turn to guard the door. I'll definitely tell Michael to call. Take care''

*

Joey was true to his word, because sure enough, early the next morning I was awoken by a phone call.

''Angel?''

''Hey Michael''

''Oh thank God. You don't know how happy I am to hear your voice''

''Are you okay?''

''N-Yea...-just a little stressed, but never mind that..''

He sounded so tired. His voice thick with sleep.

''What are you doing? I hope the meetings are going somewhat okay...'' I said after a moment of silence.

''Boring'' He yawned, then let out a little laugh. ''I just wanna go back home, and have a lil waterballoon fight, or climb some trees. That'd be real good right now.''

''Or go to Disneyland...''

''Mmm yeah.... Anyway... How are you, Angel?''

''Alright I guess''

''You.. Guess? What's wrong?''

''I've been working long hours this weekend at work, so I'm exhausted''

''I didn't know you worked. Where do you work?'' He asked gently.

''A record store''

''Awesome!'' He yawned again. ''Angel?''

''Yes, Michael?''

''I'll be returning home soon. Not sure of the exact date... I'll ask Joey later! But I was wondering... Do you wanna come and visit me when I get back? It gets awfully lonely in the house, and I enjoy your company'' He almost whispered.

''S-Sure.. I'd love that! I need a little break anyway''

''Great!'' He said happily. ''I'll be in touch! I've got to go now, meeting starts in 10. But I hope you have a wonderful day, sending you lots of love and light!''

''Awe Michael. You too!''

''Bye bye Angel''