"Did you meet a girl?"

"So Luke, what do you like to do for fun?" Michael asked as he drove.

Luke stared out the window "Uh.. I play guitar sometimes."

Michael smiled "Really? So do I."

Luke switched his eyes do the rear view mirror and stared at Michael "Do you?"

Michael nodded "Yeah, let's go to mine and I'll show you my guitars."

They dropped Calum off at home because he didn't feel that well and Luke got into the front of the truck. Michael seemed to be in a good mood and wasn't being a dick, but Luke still wasn't comfortable around him.

They listened to the radio on the way to Michael's, and pulled up to a small house a little out of town. They got out and Luke looked around "Do you live alone?"

Michael shook his head "No, I live with my mum and dad."

"Oh"  Luke replied with his eyebrows raised, a bit surprised.

"I'm only a year older than you" Michael laughed.

They got into the old house and it was quite messy, there was garbage all over the place, and holes in the walls.. It basically looked like a flop house.

Oh my god.. It looks horrible in here. Luke thought to himself as he stepped over a few pieces of clothes in the hallway leading to the basement stairs.

"My rooms down here, can you shut the door behind you?" Michael asked politely.

Once they got downstairs, there was sheets hanging in the middle of the basement closing off Michael's room and the washer and dryer. Luke looked around at all the posters on the wall, there was a play station, TV and a laptop, a decent size bed, then an acoustic guitar and two electric guitars.  

"Sorry my rooms a bit messy" Michael tittered.

Luke sat down on the bed "Its not that bad"

Michael sat down next to him "I usually only come here to sleep"

"How come? " Luke questioned.

Michael bit his nail and looked around the room "uh.. hey! you wanna hear a part of a song I wrote?"

Luke nodded with a smile, and Michael went and grabbed his acoustic guitar.

I wonder why he avoided my question.. It's probably just because it's so messy here. Luke thought while Michael was tuning his guitar.

"I usually play this song with the electric but it's a little loud." Michael said scratching the back of his neck.

"Doesn't matter, let's hear it."

Michael began strumming the guitar strings and sang slowly

"What was I thinking? Everyone sees it.. It's not a secret, That I'm just a reject. Sick of the system, Don't wanna hear it. It's not a secret, That I'm just a reject."

Luke watched.. staring at his eyes then down to his mouth.. Watching how much passion Michael had as he sang.

Michael got lost in the song with his eyes closed "They try to save me, but I'm too far gone.. And they call me crazy so I played along, and you wanna change me, but I'm on my own.."

He stopped and opened his eyes then looked at Luke. Luke smiled wide "you actually wrote that?"

Michael shrugged and put the guitar down "yeah, it's not that good but-"