No Rest for the Busy

Eri was already in enough trouble without Yuni there to keep her calm. "Why has she been gone so long? The school concert is in three days! It's not like her just to disappear."

Konaka watched her best friend wander her room in panic and frustration. This frustration had been boiling inside her ever since she had found out that Yuni was missing. Konaka knew she wasn't supposed to know, but she told the Moon family that she wouldn't tell a soul. ~How can she disappear at a time like this! Is she crazy?!?!~ she thought while looking around the room at all Eri's pictures that canvassed the walls.

Pictures of Yuni and Eri, Eri and her family, Eri and a few other people, and Eri and Konaka. ~Where could Yuni have gone? For once Konaka had felt a pit in her stomach. She and Yuni did not get along at all, but she would never wish any harm to her. Now, even she was beginning to worry. Konaka never thought something like this could happen. It made studying even harder for the two of them.

Finally, Konaka rose and walked to Eri, "I bet she's fine. Better than fine! She's probably home already and just fine."

Eri glared at her for the first time in her life, "No! I sense something wrong with her. We share a connection and can always tell when the other is in trouble.", she turned away. "You wouldn't understand... You're my best friend...You always look on the bright side and have a place in my heart but Yuni-Yuni's family. There's a different bond between Yuni and me."

Konaka had finally had enough! ~All I hear is 'Yuni is this' and 'Yuni that!' I'm so sick and tired of this crap!! But I could never say that to her... It would devastate her if I yelled at her... She's been through enough as it is. I don't want to ruin our friendship over this.~ In that instant, she had calmed down and sat down. Konaka pulled a textbook and notebook from her backpack and started to do her homework. At least now she could take her mind off of Yuni. Even if only for a moment.

"Yuni will come back safe and sound. You know she would hate to have you worrying about her so much," Konaka said patting the seat next to her, "Yuni would tell you to study hard and focus on the duet performance for the concert. And to learn her solos just in case, you have to it alone. You know, she's always believed in you. Just like I do."

Eri nodded absentmindedly and sat in silence. She knew Konaka had a point. She grabbed her books and began to do her homework. Eri had made it through about twenty pages of work before her mind began to draw blanks. Soon, it was late, and Konaka was getting ready to go home. Eri thanked Konaka for her help trying to take her mind off of everything.

They walked to the door and hugged each other. Thoughts were suddenly filling Eri's head.~But did she really disappear? Could something have happened to make her do this? Or is it something else?~ then she paused..~Wait! I know there is someone who might know exactly where she is! There's only one other person who Yuni fully trusts with all of her secrets.~ With the thought in her head, she told Konaka goodbye and began her walk to the home of Yuni's oldest best friend, Kagome.

~Sesshomaru~

Sesshomaru had begun his journey back home to his castle. It was a three-day-long journey, and she had managed to stay unconscious for all of it. ~ something traumatic must have happened to her to cause her to remain this way for so long.~ A green toad demon had followed behind with a little girl on a two-headed dragon. Annoyance filled Sesshomaru's aura.

He had hoped to be alone for this journey home. Now, he had to feature other traveling companions. He had no issue with the child, but the toad he hoped would still be searching in his absence. In the end, he motioned for the dragon to follow him from behind. The dragon nodded and obediently followed. The girl and the toad demon looked very confused on the direction that Sesshomaru was taking them.