Change of Heart

After the party, Yuni made her friends stay the night. It was well after midnight, and she liked the company. She motioned for them to go upstairs while she watched the servants cleaning. As much as she wanted to help, she didn't want to ruin her dress. Yuni saw Sesshomaru helping to clear off plates and placing flowers outside. An odd sight, Yuni had to admit. She never expected him to help or clean.

"You never struck me as the cleaning type, Sesshomaru," Yuni shouted in Sesshomaru's direction.

He turned around and smiled at her, "There is much you don't know about me little one. And much more, you have to learn."

Yuni huffed and playfully curved her mouth, "And you have much to learn about me, Lord Sesshomaru."

"Yes, very much. Well, I must get back to then," he said, going back to help the servants once more.

The heels she wore to the party began to dig into her heels, but it didn't bother her much. She just continued to watch them all. Goten was at the top of the stairs with Miyabi passed out in his arms. The sight of them made her laugh, though she kept it inside. Their relationship was always a funny one. She noticed a couple of their children had come to the party, but quickly left. It made her sad to think about it. Yuni had always been close to all of her nieces and nephews. They were like her brothers and sisters. Most, if not all of them, were older than her.

~I imagine all seasons are suitable for a masquerade.~ she thought as she made her way to the top of the stairs. She felt good after all the fuss that went on to make such a wondrous occasion happen. Now, she could go back to the semi-normal life that she led. She had finals and her graduation in a few months and needed to begin her preparations for it. Yuni sighed of discontent as she felt someone walking behind her. She knew the scent! It was Takeshi! ~The snake!~ she thought, turning to face him.~Dammit, really! I would have thought that he would have left by now!~ There he stood a few stairs below where she stood. He seemed all too pleased with himself and that bugged Yuni the most.

 He seemed all too pleased with himself and that bugged Yuni the most

"Such a beautiful gown, dear Yuni.", he said, taking his mask off and reaching to kiss her hand, "You look so lovely tonight. Might we have a walk through your garden?"

Yuni quickly separated his hand from her's, "No, thank you, Mr. Hirayama. I was just leaving, and as you should know, I am being courted by someone else."

"You mean the silver-haired gentleman that you danced with the evening? I hardly consider him a threat. A real gentleman wouldn't leave his woman unattended.", Takeshi said, snapping his fingers. "Besides, we both know that you'll never love him."

Yuni looked around and saw no one in the ballroom. ~What the hell? Where did everyone go?~ she thought while backing away and bumping into something. Well, someone. It was Jirou of the Matsuo Brothers. Now, she knew she was in trouble. If Jirou was there then so was his brother Ichiro and put her in a predicament. She couldn't get away quickly, and she didn't have anyone to help her.