Minds Don't Always bend

"Yuni Cornelia Anastasia Yuzuki Moon!", Guten shouted over the phone. "Do you have any idea how worried everyone has been about you?! I'm coming to get you now! Where are you?"

Yuni stirred and grunted at her brother's anger. ~What was his problem? It's not like he's home anyway. What the hell?!~ she thought as she rubbed her eyes and growled. She tossed and turned for a moment. She didn't remember going back home or getting into bed. She, also, didn't recognize her bed being this comfortable. Yuni rubbed her eyes, trying to awaken fully. At that moment, she saw two golden eyes staring right back at her.

"AHHHHHHHHHH! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" she screamed as Sesshomaru rose up and grabbed her by her hair.

He looked her sternly in the eye, "You will mind your manners when you speak to me. Your mother wouldn't speak in that fashion, so neither shall you."

She looked at him in anger as she could hear her brother yelling, "Yuni!?! Who is that in the background? Who is there with you?!"

Sesshomaru took the phone from her hand and dropped her, "What is this thing?"

"Ow!" Yuni rubbed her butt and stood up, "It's a cell phone. You use it to talk to people from a distance. Obviously. So, Where the heck am I?"

"The western part of Japan, which I reign over," He responded, putting the phone to his face as she had done.

"You reign over the western part of Japan? Uh-huh," she scoffed, watching him trying to put the phone to his face. "Yeah, right. And it goes the other way."

Sesshomaru adjusted his hand and positioned it as Yuni instructed, "Who is this? And why are you speaking so rudely to this girl?"

Guten paused. He hadn't heard this voice in such a long time. This dark and mysterious voice, yet it was devoid of any genuine emotion. It made him feel uneasy and forced him to sit down. He placed a hand onto his temp and set the phone down for a moment. ~This can't be! Not with him! Why would he have Yuni? Wait. He doesn't live in this time.~ He thought as he put the phone on speaker.

"Is this Lord Sesshomaru?" Guten said, suddenly exhausted and slumped over.

Sesshomaru looked at Yuni's raised eyebrow as he responded, "Yes, now answer me. I shall not ask again."

Yuni looked at him in disbelief as she sat back down on the bed, "That's you asking? Damn, I'd hate to see you demanding someone to do something."

Guten sighed, remembering that Sesshomaru hadn't seen him in over fifty years, "I doubt you remember me. It's me, Guten. Yuna's eldest son."

Now, this time, Sesshomaru paused in the conversation. It had been too long since he had heard Guten's voice. Even longer considering the last time he had seen him or his other siblings was about fifty years ago or more. Sesshomaru had been rather close to all of the Moon children as well as their other family members. At that moment, his demeanor changed, and Yuni noticed that he appeared to be more relaxed now. He rolled shoulders for a moment and walked out onto the balcony.

"It has been a long time, old friend." he said, leaning on the railing and hearing Guten pick up a cup of tea, "I shall bring her home to you. Where do you live now?"

"Wha-what?!", Guten choked on the tea he was starting to drink, "I doubt y-you can reach me here. So I will go there."

With that, the males bid their goodbye, and Sesshomaru handed the phone back to her. He smirked as he heard the phone beep. ~Such a strange device.~ He thought as he walked back to Yuni. She was sitting on the bed with her hands folded across her chest. Yuni was never going to be at someone else's mercy. ~No way and no how. This guy needs to get off his stupid high horse.~