chapter ten: spill the beans

"Hey." Shawn grinned at me.

"What? Oh um, hi." I said shyly.

Being around Matt was not my first choice, it will never be. My childhood bully isn't going to be my friend in high school, that's for sure.

We planned out the project, well mostly Shawn and I. Matt just flung his pencil around and tried to get near my seat. Shawn and I agreed on a poster and formal writing on the culture.

"So Shawn, got a few girls that want ya?" Matt asked with his deceiving smirk.

"Only one. And she will be my only one.  I hope." He looked at me.

"Oh yeah? Who?"

"Diana."

Matt raised his eyebrows with a confused daze. He seemed taken aback. I was strangely proud about it. Shawn was confused over Matt's confusion. (confusing I know but you get it)

"Whatt?? Diana and I are a thing."

Shawn looked as if his heart stopped. He looked upset and sad. Paleness took over his fragile face. I was furious over Matt's lying. We were not a thing. And never will be. I decide to speak up.

"Ahem. No, we are not a thing, Matt. We never will be. First off, you already have a girlfriend. Do you even remember all those times when we were in elementary and you called me fat or ugly or stupid? You don't even realize how when I heard you called me that I cried. My self esteem dropped. It hasn't picked up. I am still insecure and yes, call me a Pisces because I still cry over it. You think you can get with me after the year of torment?"

He was dumbfounded. Shawn seemed relieved but upset with Matt. After a few minutes of thought Matt spoke up.

"Yeah, but you're hot now so it's all good."

If I could, I would roll my eyes to the back of my head after what he said.