chapter four: roses

I walked to the door with my mind wandering with thought. Then soon I opened the door and was greeted by shawn. Blushing, I said hello.

"Hi, so I was uh wondering you'd like to um go to Sushiya with uh me tomorrow night?" He stuttered.

I said yes, and in return I received a bouquet of flowers. They were red roses with a card that read "See you on the date :)".

My mother asked me what that was, even though she had heard everything through the window. Lightly teasing me, she handed me a vase to put the roses in.

Once dinner was ready, I headed downstairs and grabbed a plate of green beans, chicken breast and quinoa (it's really good!) with a cup of milk. My brother Aaron (no not Aaron carpenter) began to talk to us about his day. He was a sweet senior and also my older brother. He has dark hair and light blue eyes like Nash Grier.

"So my baby rose has a crush..." My mom smiles.

Aaron raises his eyebrows. "Already? You just became a sophomore" he says while sipping milk.

I blushed the talked about it. Finally dinner was over, and I asked to be excused. My phone rang and I received a text from a group chat with Alexis and Lauren.

Alexis:
Omg shawn asked you out?1!1

Lauren: wait what?

Alexis: yep but she's to lazy to answer! 😒 he told me he's bringing her flowers!

Lauren: omg cute!!!!

Alexis: I know right

Lauren: so rose answer us!

Alexis: yeah rose!

I answered right away.

rose: sorry! I was eating. Btw can you guys come home with me after school so I can get ready with you two? :-) alright well got to go. byee 💜

After texting them I went to my room to do my night routine, charge my phone then watch some 90210. Before I knew it, I had to go to bed.

I woke up to the sun pouring out of my curtains. I dragged myself to the bathroom and washed my face, brushed my teeth, applied deodorant, light lip balm and a small amount of  makeup then brushed out my hair. I. In my room I changed from pjs to a brandy melville abigail patterned dress with some nude flats.

For breakfast my mother treated my brother and I too pancaked and syrup with orange juice. After eating I brushed my teeth again and ran put the door to catch the bus.

I plugged in earphones, trying my best to block out the riot of obnoxious boys.
All of a sudden a boy around 6'4 came and sat next to me, a little to close.